PC Defense to combat Viruses with the best Internet Security freeware programs
Five Major steps to consider that will fix your pc & maintain it
- Detection - Requires the use of a dependable antivirus, anti-Trojan, anti-spyware, anti-worm, anti-root-kit and anti-ad ware detection software program.
- The Antivirus software you choose should have the potential to completely remove any of the corrupted files it locates, as well as the sources of that form of corruption.
- WARNING! ( Do not install more then one major antivirus program, it will surely cause more issues than anything. ) Example: Norton Antivirus (Norton removal tool) & Avast cannot co-exist together.
- Removal - Make sure to initiate the removal process within each detection program after completion of successful search has been done.
- Each program will have a slightly differing approach to conduct this removal process, just simply look for the criterion info after its done its job of alerting you to the troubled area's.
- Cleaning - The cleaning process incorporates the correction of your systems registry, and also gets to the hidden sectors of your hard disc with advanced disc fragmentation software.
- Start-up Re-config - You also will need to De-activate programs that start-up, and crowd your system after turning on your PC.
- This is done by going to your start menu, run, and then by typing MSCONFIG, you will then need to go to the start-up tab.
- From there you will notice many programs listed with boxes, and check marks next to them.
- To De-activate any start-up program simply UN-check the box for each.
- Make sure not to De-activate any windows operating system programs responsible for the inner workings of your PC, and the manufacturers programs for the PC as well.
Once you reboot tell, the start-up command menu to no-longer show itself upon start-up as well, to no longer see it's message again, this step will render your PC a much quicker start up, and reduce the amount of loading on the system entirely.
The Top Freeware Internet Security Programs
Avast - Advanced cloud based antivirus detecting the presence of viruses, Trojans, and worms even prior to utilizing a threatening & infected web location. (You must register for the free version to make this one fully active)
CCleaner - Cleans and protects your files by scanning and removing corrupted registry files.
Spybot Search & Destroy - Detects and removes spyware programs, protects web browsers, adware, key loggers, Trojans and more.
Advanced SystemCare 4 - Cleans registry files, performs hard disk fragmentation, gets rid of unused desktop items, and protects from web browser invasions & vunerabilities.
Revo Uninstaller - is a highly advanced program removal tool which it helps to get deeper into the registry, surpassing what your add and remove admin section cannot get rid of, like old corrupted left over registry files, and files that are stubborn to remove.
Note: While looking for the best online tools out here to utilize to get the job done correctly, make sure to be careful not to click on ad's while searching those particular Antivirus web locations, because the owners of such sites allow many various third party websites to post ads which aren't the most trustworthy.
Avast User Interface - Boot time scan is most effective
Here's CCleaner's User Interface - Your browser must be closed
Spybot is one of the best malicious software detection programs
Discounts on paid tools if you prefer them
Advanced Systems Care - improves performance and speed
This is the paid version
Revo's has simple to follow button icons & menus to activate
Malicious toolbar removal from your web browser
Final words of advice
Get the right freeware defense downloads - All of these programs show cased here are free of charge, and its up to you to donate to the software companies after usage of each, or to upgrade them to a premium option that they may offer.
They've done this unselfishly to help us all, by freeing the worlds computers from malicious issues altogether without charging us a dime. Knowing which exact web locations to go to is the number 1 issue for most people today, so this is why its important to know where to go besides what to do or the actual titles, which most people hear of by word of mouth.
Upgrade to Win 7 if you have Windows Vista and want better performance
How to use these programs
All of these online freeware protection programs are very simple to utilize, for the most effective usage simply look at the on screen options of each user interface closely, look for things to try out, and disconnect your internet Ethernet cable, or disable the wireless connection to improve your chances at breaking the connection between the potential online attacker.
A few things to take notice of if there's actual unusual performance of your computer system:
- Jot down what is happening for example
- Is the screen freezing
- Did the web browser freeze, or crash without warning
- Is your mouse moving without you commanding it to
- Did you get a blue screen of death
- Is the functions of your system slowing down to a crawl etc.....
Many computer issues may be caused by other problems, and its not always a malicious software that's potentially causing the trouble, so make sure to check for hard drive space, your memory or ram may need to be upgraded. 4 Gigabytes of ram is where most computers are at today on average, and for the more recent PC's.
If you have an operating system like Windows XP, more then likely your PC is outdated or obsolete, and you may be in desperate need of an upgrade on ram, or even better a whole new computer. unless the memory is expandable to up to 2 gigs. Most older XP's are running at 250 to 500 megabytes of ram.
Taking notes helps for you to build up a trouble shooting matrix, or info to help you or a authorized technician to fully comprehend what your actually up against.
Note: While using the Avast antivirus program, make sure not to delete any System 32 files, or files that have the title "System32" on it, or that of any windows program files, this may cause catastrophic failure to your pc if done. Simply send all corrupted files to the Virus Chest, until a more advanced user can probe and do further removal if necessary.
Norton Antivirus Removal
Quick poll to help the author improve on his hub writing here
Did you learn anything from this hub that is useful or helpful?See results without voting
More by this Author
Some people are under the impression that keywords doesn't really matter. How we utlize words on the web definitely will make, or break your potential to attract more viewers on a grand scale, which also considered to...
Breaking reaction news report about a new viral trend on the rise, at a current whopping 5,776,314 views. We are watching this one closely folks, please stand by for much more to come. Wow!
Rap lyrics have always been controversial, here's a great perspective view on it all.