Web hosting account transfer: Step by step guide for web hosting account transfer
If you want to relocate your current hosting sites content to another new host, you have to follow some steps. Moreover, you also need name servers of the new hosting provider. In this page you will learn the detail instructions for web hosting account transfer.
What is required to transfer any web hosting?
To transfer any web hosting, you must have name servers of the new hosting provider. Web hosting name servers look like ns1.webtips123.com and ns2.webtips123.com. Here, webtips123 is the name of your own domain name. You need to replace webtips123 with your own domain name.
- Go to the newly hosting place. Configure or add domain name(s). Now, take a note of the name servers. Sometimes, the newly hosting service provider will give you the name servers to you. That time you just need to take the note of the name servers.
- Login to the cpanel of your old hosting provider and enter the DNS record part. Here, you need to change the name servers. To change name servers, follow the following steps:
- Access to the control panel of your old hosting provider.
- Now, check the domain name, you want to transfer on the list.
- Check DNS menu
- Select edit DNS settings
- Then, choose name servers.
- Lastly, change the old name servers with the new name servers (the name servers, you just found from your new hosting provider) and save the changes.
After changing and saving the name servers, you need to wait for for the domain name to be fully transferred to your new hosting provider site. Generally, it takes not more than 24 hours to 48 hours to change the effect. After this time, you will see that the hosting is changed to your new hosting provider's site.
These are the common ways to transfer one hosting to another new hosting. If you are unable to understand this tutorial or if you are not enough expert in technical field, then I personally suggest to talk to your newly domain registrar to make these changes. They will help you to do it.
@Written by meRancidTaste
You may be interested
More by this Author
- 5How to Reset/Remove/Bypass a BIOS or CMOS Password? : A Complete Guide to Reset/Remove/Bypass BIOS or CMOS Password
User level passwords are used to restrict unauthorized access of a computer. BIOS or CMOS passwords are used to prevent access to BIOS settings or to prevent PC from booting. Thus BIOS passwords are used to add or...
The serial interface of a CISCO router can be configured from the console or through a virtual terminal line. The configuration of a CISCO router is very simple and easy. At first, you have to select the interface and...
OSI stands for Open Systems Interconnection Reference Model. In short it is termed as OSI model or OSI reference model or 7-layer model or Layered Model or OSI seven layer model. This is really an important topic topic...