What Is the Best Secured Way to Open Any Pen Drive of Your Computer?
Most of the viruses are spreading over USB pen drive or USB flush drive and network. There are lots of viruses like NewFolder.exe virus, kinza.exe virus, W32.Rontokbro.B@mm virus, Funny UST Scandal avi.Exe etc. viruses are spreading through pen drive. These viruses are very nasty and very hurmful to your computer. All of these type viruses are spreading through autorun.inf and when you click on your pen drive, then the virus become active and affect your computer.This page contains the information on how to open your pen drive securely and be safe form the attack of these type of viruses.
Steps to open USB flash drive to your computer:
To be safe form the viruses of pen drive, you have to open your USB flash drive by the following steps:
- Insert your pen drive to your computer.
- Double click on My Computer and see which drive you pen drive holds. BUT NEVER TRY TO OPEN THE PEN DRIVE. JUST RECOGNIZE THE PEN DRIVE PARTITION LABEL. For example, my pen drive loads on drive J when I insert it to the USB port.
- Press Windows key + R together.
- Type <drive_letter_of_the_USB_pen_drive>: and hit Enter key. For example, my pen drive is in J drive, so I will write the command J: and hit Enter key. The pen drive will be opened now.
- Click on Tools > Folder Options. The Folder Options window will be opened. Click on View tab. Now, click on Show hidden files and folders and enable this option.
- Now, you may see there are several .exe file like NewFolder.exe virus, kinza.exe virus, W32.Rontokbro.B@mm virus, Funny UST Scandal avi.Exe etc. All these are the viruses. Don't double click on them until you know whether they are your necessary file.
- Delete all the .exe files which seems viruses to you and all the files or folders which seems to you suspicious.
- Later, you are safe and browse your pen drive now as you like.
Follow the above steps, when you open any USB flash drive or pen drive to your computer. If you follow these steps, you are quite safe most of the recent dangerous viruses. Because almost all of the recent viruses are spreading through pen drive. So, follow the steps to keep your computer virus free.
© Written by rancidTaste
More by this Author
- 5How to Reset/Remove/Bypass a BIOS or CMOS Password? : A Complete Guide to Reset/Remove/Bypass BIOS or CMOS Password
User level passwords are used to restrict unauthorized access of a computer. BIOS or CMOS passwords are used to prevent access to BIOS settings or to prevent PC from booting. Thus BIOS passwords are used to add or...
Solution of the Oracle installation problem on Windows 7 / Windows XP during Oracle installation start-up. Know the reasons and solution of the erro "CreateFile error 32 when trying set file time" Error During...
- 64How to check CPU temperature:A complete guide to Check CPU temperature through BIOS or software on all operating system
While CPU is running, it produces heat. CPU is an electronic device. It is very urgent to remove heat from electronic devices as soon as possible. Otherwise the internal temperature will be increased. If the device is...