What is Google+ (Google Plus)?
So what is Google+? Well, a lot of individuals are calling it the Facebook-killer. So it's a social networking site then? Yeah, it is indeed the new guy in the social networking block. And it's created by the world's number one search engine, Google. As we all know, Google is pretty good in doing things. They have some of the most awesome products and services out there. It is therefore no surprise that the world is talking about this Google+ thing even though it's been available only to just a handful of users. Before you can sign up and access the site, you have to receive an invite from someone who is already using it. There are reports however that this “invite feature” has been put on hold so as of this moment there is no way to gain access to the site. Let's just hope that Google opens the site for the public sooner.
Many people are saying Google+ is much better than Mark Zuckerburg's Facebook. One of the most common reasons being cited for this is that Google+ respects your privacy more than Facebook. Reviews of Google+ written by those who were lucky enough to get invited have confirmed that your personal details are indeed safer with Google+ so we will have to take their word for it. With that said, Zuckerburg must be really worried right now.
This is not to say that Facebook's privacy features are that bad. Due to incessant complaints from both users and critics, Facebook has since then implemented measures to address its privacy loopholes. They are doing a pretty good job with it. There are still flaws of course. And we're sure the Facebook team is doing everything to correct them.
Google+ Key Features
Google+ has five main features. They are the following:
- Circles - Make circles of friends. This allows you to share things only to certain circles. You for instance might want to share photos of last night's party only with your "Buddies" circle. You don't want the photos to be seen by your "Family" circle so don't share the photos to them.
- Huddle - Chat, converse, and interact with groups of friends.
- Hangouts - Hang out in real-time video with up to ten friends.
- Instant Upload - Photos and videos you take with your phone are instantly uploaded to an album on Google+. This album remains private until you decide to whom you are going to share them with.
- Sparks - This is like a recommendation engine. You tell Sparks what stuff you are into and it will stream to you things you might want to read, watch, or listen to.
So is Google+ a Facebook-killer? Well, all the talk, the good reviews, the hype, and the fact that it's a Google product make the impression that it could well be a Facebook-killer. Only time will tell though. But let us not forget the fact that this is not Google's first foray into the social networking field. They tried with Google Buzz. They failed. Big time. This makes it even more interesting to watch how everything will pan out. Will Google+ kill Facebook the way Facebook killed MySpace or is Google+ just another Google Buzz, one that is destined to fail?
Hmmmm. Can't wait to see who will have his hands raised when the dust on this whole thing settles. So who's your bet? Google+(Google Plus) or Facebook?
What is Google+ (Google Plus) and do I need it?
You might also like to read these:
- Affiliate Marketing In The Philippines: How To Become A Successful Filipino Affiliate
The things you need and a few tips on how to start an affiliate marketing business in the Philippines.
More by this Author
Children will surely love and enjoy this set of coloring pages featuring characters from the animated film Hotel Transylvania. Hotel Transylvania features the voices of Adam Sandler, Selena Gomez, Andy Samberg and...
This is a list of the top fast food restaurants in the Philippines which include Jollibee, MacDonald's, Chowking and Mang Inasal.
Everything you need to know about the popular Filipino children's song.
No comments yet.