What is Network and how many types of it?
Network is a combination of intelligent independent objects use to share resources and make the communication possible.
There are main three types of Network.
- LAN (Local Area Network)
- WAN (Wide Area Network)
- MAN (Metropolitan Area Network)
- LAN: LAN stands for Local Are Network. It's a group of computers and network communication devices within a limited geographical area such as home, school, and office building etc.. A LAN is useful for sharing resources like files, printers, games or other applications.
- WAN: WAN stands for Wide Area Network. WAN interconnect LAN's. It is not restricted to a particular area and maybe interconnected around the world. Through WAN offices in different countries can be interconnected. The best example of a WAN could be the Internet that is the largest network in the world.
- MAN: MAN stands for Metropolitan Area Network. MAN usually interconnects a number of LANs using a high-capacity backbone technology, such as fiber-optical links, and provides up-link services to WAN and the Internet.
More types of Network
- SAN (Storage Area Network)
- CAN (Campus Area Network)
- PAN (Personal Area Network)
- DAN (Desk Area Network)