What is my IMEI and how to find my IMEI: International Mobile Equipment Identity number to unlock or iphone or Ipad
Example of IMEI on a Samsung barcode
To unlock a mobile phone or cell phone you need your 15 digit IMEI
Why you or someone else may want to unlock your phone:
- You may want to sell it; ( an unlocked iPhone has a higher re-sale value);
- your have finished a plan or contract; and want to move to a new plan;
- your handset may been barred and you want it open again;
- you want to register your phone lost or stolen (to do that you will need to provide paperwork to say you have reported it lost or stolen, to Police); the regulator in your country can then block a stolen mobile phone to make it un-usable to the thief. But will only do this if you know the IMEI;
- a thief may want to unlock a stolen phone, to sell it;
- you may have found a better deal and want to switch to another carrier, or network supplier;
- You may plan to travel overseas. You can then buy a new SIM when you get to the other country. You save money as you avoid roaming rates and use the local rates.
Unlocking essentials: To unlock, you need to know your IMEI and your network supplier; You need this information:
- network the phone is locked to; and
- the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number.
ON the Iphone 6 you can get the IMEI on the About page.
Ten ways how to get your IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) also called device serial number
Each equipment supplier may have their own way of doing it. And just to confuse you phones have all sorts of numbers: International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number, Mobile Equipment Identifier (MEID), Cellular Data Number (CDN), and Integrated Circuit Card ID (ICCID) number. What you want is the fifiteen-digit IMEI: Here's six ways how to get it.
Examples on how to find the IMEI: This changes by model.
- OniPhone 5 you find the IMEI on the back case near the bottom of the phone;
- iOS 6 or later, touch and hold the world serial number, on the menu IMEI/MEID, or ICCID to display the option to copy copy and paste for registration and such things.
- In original packaging, you can find the IMEI number on the barcode label;
- another way - go to phone's number pad. press *#06# . This may work. It may not. If it does, the first 15 digits are your IMEI number. Where it won't work is for an iPhone on the AT&T network . In that case *#06# gives the MEID number NOT the IMEI number . Another place - for example, where *#06# won't work is an iPhone on Verizon which gives you; "Your call cannot be completed as dialed."
- To find an IMEI on a USB modem, look under the SIM card;
- Find BlackBerry IMEI: Options > Status
- Find New Sony Ericsson widget's IMEIs: Options > status;
- Android widgets IMEI : "About Phone" in settings menu;
- Apple iOS devices IMEI - General > About in the Settings app; anjd
- Windows Phones: Settings > About > More info.
- go to your network carrier site and search for "IMEI"; - for example - in Australia, Vodafone unlocking policy for iPhone 5 is at this Vodafone link:
More by this Author
- 0Gas prices in Australia: Gladstone coal seam gas LNG exports to raise Australian gas price to $12/GJ, 2012 to 2040?
Wholesale gas price curves or projections for Australia: two forecasts; by Treasury and AEMO, for the coming two decades. This forecast gas price data for Western Australia, Queensland, NSW, ACT, Victoria, South...
- 0Radiation cancer health risks - RF EMF - from mobile phones, wireless electric power meters, wifi, Zigbee standard
Its now confirmed by the World Health Organisation (WHO) that wireless smart meters; phone towers, digital TV towers and things with the Zigbee chip or WiFi, Bluetooth can give you brain cancer - glioma. Children face...
- 10How to write like Jane Austen: try her "ing" rule for Austen-like style and dignity and authority; examples
I found a valuable-3-part writers' rule. This idea helped me. Apply this new three-part technique; you'll gain new authority. To explain, see below, examples from successful authors; Jane Austen and Australian author,...