Why not replace the Incandescent with CFL's?
The entire world is facing the crisis of energy. Whenever the light goes off we blame the electricity department and the government for poor supply. But we never think or want to think that what lies behind the problems. The electrical energy we consume is mostly produced from the non-renewable sources of energy, such as coal and natural gas. The energy produced by the generators and converters use petroleum products to run. All these raw materials are non-renewable and would exhaust one day. Without imaging the fate of that day, we keep using the energy extravagantly and mercilessly.
How could you help?
You will be thinking that how you could help resolve the energy crisis? You can. You can do it just by replacing your incandescent bulbs with the CFL bulbs in the home, office and at every place. The average incandescent bulb emits 12-15 lumens per watt while a compact fluorescent bulb emit 60 lumens per watt, a 4 to 5 times better output. Well other appliances like refrigerators and electric irons also consume significant amount of energy but it is the lighting that uses 25 percent of a homeowner's electricity consumption.
Wastage of energy
The traditional bulbs convert only 5% of the energy into light while the rest of energy is wasted in the form of heat and radiation. Maximum amount of energy isn't utilized. Then why we are using these bulbs. Apart from that these bulbs add to the emission of green house gas, which is a serious threat to our environment. Compact fluorescent bulbs use 66% less energy than a standard incandescent bulb. By replacing a 100-watt incandescent bulb with a 32-watt CFL you can save upto $30 in energy costs over the life of a bulb. These bulbs give the same amount of light as a standard bulb, but have lower wattage. Having less wattage means that they use less energy and create less pollution.
Advantages of CFL bulbs over Incandescent bulbs
- CFL bulbs consumes only one-third of the electricity used by the incandescent bulbs. By replacing only a few bulbs you can save more from your monthly electricity bill.
- The average lifetime of a CFL bulb is up to ten times longer than regular incandescent bulbs. It makes them convenient as well as cost effective.
- Apart from its energy and money efficiency, CFL bulbs are considered much better for the environment. One CFL can check more than 450 pounds of emissions from a power plant over its lifetime.
- CFL bulbs produce about 75% less heat for added comfort and lower cooling costs.
- Electronic and Electrical B2B Marketplace
Search for the manufacturers, suppliers, distributors of electronic and electrical industry and find the latest products offered by them. Get the latest news, publications, trade fairs about electronic and electrical industry.
No comments yet.