Windows 7 Disk Defragmenter: How to Use Windows 7 Disk Defragmenter to defragment your Hard Disk
Defragmentation of hard disk rearranges all the fragmented data so that the computer works faster. Fragmentation always make your hard disk to do some extra work. This eventually slow down your computer. Fragmentation can also be possible to your USB flash drives, mobile memory card or removable or portable hard disk. So, it's wise to defragment of your hard disk to rearrange all the fragmented data and drives can work more efficiently and the performance become very high. If you area a windows 7 user then you will be glad because Windows 7 has built in defragmenter which is known as Disk Defragmenter. Disk Defragmenter really defragment all the fragmented data and rearrange them and make your Windows 7 computer faster and faster. This page tells you the details about Windows 7 Disk Defragmenter, it's limitation and how to use it to defragment all the fragmented data and boost the computer speed.
What is Windows 7 Disk Defragmenter?
Windows 7 Disk Defragmenter is a built in default system tool utility of Windows 7 which is used to defragment the fragmented data easily. This is a great tool and Windows 7 has included it. Windows 7 Disk Defragmenter is far far better than any other third party disk defragmentation tools.
How to use Windows 7 Disk Defragmenter?
Windows 7 Disk Defragmenter is a great tool for defragmenting all the fragmented data. You can easily use it on your Windows 7 machine. To use Windows 7 Disk Defragmenter, follow the following steps:
Step 1: Opening Disk Defragmenter
You can start Windows 7 Disk Defragmenter by two ways. One is lengthy way and other is short way.
The lengthy way to start Windows 7 Disk Defragmenter is the opening Windows 7 Disk Defragmenter by mouse clicking several times. For the beginners, it's the most convenient way. The steps are the followings:
- Click on the Start Menu
- Click on All Programs to expand it.
- Select Accessories
- Click on System Tools
- And at last click on Disk Defragmenter
Hold Windows key and press R key of your keyboard and the Run window will be opened. Type dfrgui and hit Enter key. And you will see the Disk Defragmenter opens within few seconds.
Step 2: Analyze disk with Windows 7 Disk Defragmenter
In the Disk Defragmenter program, you will find all the disks which can only be defragmented. You don't need to defragment disks regularly. Firstly, look whether you need to defragmetn the disks or not. You can easily determine if disks need defragmenting right now, by analyze the disk or disks.
To analyze any disk, firstly select that disk and click on Analyze disk button
Step 3: Defragment disk with Windows 7 Disk Defragmenter
Click on the Defragment disk button. Now, very soon the defragmation will start. The defagmation passes several steps to complete the defragmation. Remember, the time to complete disk defragmentation varies. It might take from several minutes to few hours to complete. The thing actually depeds on the disk size and the degree of fragmentation of data of yoru dard drive or USB drive or removal disk drive. But don't worry. You can still use your computer during defragmantation process.
Note: During the defragmentaion, if you want to stop defragmentation then just click on Stop Operation button.
Step 4: Finishing Disk Defragmentation
When you have finished completing one disk defragmentation, you can defragmentate other disk also by applying the above procedures. When you finished then click Close button of Disk Defragmenter.
Limitation of Windows 7 Disk Defragenter
- If the disk is already used as exclusive space then it's quite impossible to defragment by using Windows 7 Disk Defragenter.
- If the partition of the disk is other than NTFS or FAT or FAT32 file system, then Windows 7 Disk Defragenter can't defragment the disk.
- It is not possible to defragmente to any network locations.
- Sometimes, you may not be able to see all the disk in Windows 7 Disk Defragenter. Then you must have to Disk Check and restart your comptuer. After restarting, you will find all the disks in the Windows 7 Disk Defragenter. Now, defragment your desired disk.
- Sometimes, you may face problem starting defragmation. In this moment, restart your computer and then try again. I think Windows 7 Disk Defragenter now be running anc can defragment easily and make your Windows 7 computer faster.
That's all about Windows 7 Disk Defragenter and the ways to defragment disks. If you face any difficulties to defragment or don't understand this tutorial, then tell me in the comment section. I will try to solve your problem.
@Written by rancidTaste
You may be interested
- Windows 7 Installation: How to install Windows 7 Operating System on Your Computer or PC?
- Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate: The GENUINE Windows 7 activator for x32 and x64
- Move and back-up My Documents in Windows 7: Move and save all of your documents in Windows 7
- Hidden folder in Windows 7: How to create a hidden folder in Windows 7?
- System tray icon missing: How to fix system tray icons missing in Windows 7, Vista and XP?
More by this Author
- 64How to check CPU temperature:A complete guide to Check CPU temperature through BIOS or software on all operating system
While CPU is running, it produces heat. CPU is an electronic device. It is very urgent to remove heat from electronic devices as soon as possible. Otherwise the internal temperature will be increased. If the device is...
Most of the IT farm's job interview or written exam has at least one question regarding OSI or TCP/IP model. Some questions of this topic are presented here with very concise answers. All these questions are very...
- 5How to Reset/Remove/Bypass a BIOS or CMOS Password? : A Complete Guide to Reset/Remove/Bypass BIOS or CMOS Password
User level passwords are used to restrict unauthorized access of a computer. BIOS or CMOS passwords are used to prevent access to BIOS settings or to prevent PC from booting. Thus BIOS passwords are used to add or...