quicksand profile image 83

Encountering A Problem With My Mobile Phone's USB Cable

I used to transfer pix from my mobile phone camera to my computer's hard drive via an USB cable. Whenever the transfer is completed my phone begins to get charged until whatever power that is depleted is replenished. Noticing this, I quit using the charger and started using the USB cable for both needs. All of a sudden the cable stopped transferring signals. Now I can neither download pictures from my mobile phone nor can I charge the phone via this cable. However, all 6 USB ports on my PC are working fine with other devices. How do I fix this problem? Do I need to get my phone repaired?

BeatsMe profile image81

BeatsMe says

• quicksand profile image

quicksand 4 years ago

Beats me too, BeatsMe. You are dead right! The cable started working again. I was using a cheap data cable. Lol, a little bit of rest is all what it needed! I guess I should buy a branded data cable. Does not come along with the phone! Thanks again!

bernard.sinai profile image82

Bernard Sinai (bernard.sinai) says

• quicksand profile image

quicksand 4 years ago

No I haven't. I was wondering what could possibly go wrong with a cable, unless of course one of the pins had got damaged. But this too is not possible since it did work for a few fleeting moments and then stopped. Thanks anyway! :)

Motherbynature profile image82

Motherbynature says

• quicksand profile image

quicksand 4 years ago

Charging is no problem since I have the original charger which came along with the phone. The problem is, signals are not passing through the cable. when it does, the "mass storage" option appears on the screen. Anyways, thanks for responding. :)

0

Larry Wall says

• quicksand profile image

quicksand 4 years ago

This cable works on and off. Anyway now that you have suggested, I shall get one of the same brand as the phone. Thanks for the valuable tips. :)