livewithrichard profile image 84

How much do you pay for TV/Phone/Internet where you live?

After the 'special deal' expires my bundled tv/phone/internet will cost me $157 a month here in Chicago. I just learned that this bundle that is offered in places like France is a third of the cost and to top it off, their internet service is 20 times faster. The US is ranked somewhere around 28th in the world for internet speed, phone service, and TV. How can this be?

Princessa profile image86

Wendy Iturrizaga (Princessa) says

• livewithrichard profile image

Richard Bivins (livewithrichard) 4 years ago

Wow, that's about 40 euros less than what I pay. I think I have fast internet through my cable company but I guess I'll have to come to France to compare how fast it really is :)

• livewithrichard profile image

Thanks, this isn't really a bundle deal but these services combined are about par here in the US.

DrMark1961 profile image91

DrMark1961 says

• livewithrichard profile image

I wonder if this is normal throughout your country of Brazil. This is a very long time to wait but if you are in an isolated area, I can understand.

• livewithrichard profile image

I wonder if that is the intro price and if it goes up after a specified period. I got mine at the intro of $89 but then after the first year it jumped to what it is now.

kimberlie33 profile image60

Kimberlie Kacan (kimberlie33) says

• livewithrichard profile image

Seems like these companies have a monopoly of sorts when it comes to media delivery. My biggest beef is that we are not given what we were promised and that is the fastest internet, TV anywhere, unlimited phone service.