X-Con profile image 87

Why does it take my computer 3 minutes to turn on?

I bought a new computer through an online vendor. After plugging it in and pressing the power button, it took about 3 minutes to turn on. This happens every time I turn my computer on after switching on the power button in the back, near the power cord. The odd thing is, as long as the power button in the back is in the on position, and I shut my computer down and turn it on, it turns on fine. It is only after I turn the power button in the back off and then back on, and then press the power button in the front of the computer, that it takes so long to turn on.

jose7polanco profile image67

Jose Misael Polanco (jose7polanco) says

• teaches12345 profile image

Dianna Mendez (teaches12345) 3 years ago

Do a disk clean and defragmenter at leat once a month. This is found under your accessories, system tools on your program menu. It helps.

Superkev profile image85

Superkev says

• X-Con profile image

X-Con 3 years ago

OS: Windows 7 64-bit

Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 270 / 3.40 GHz

Ram: 2 GB

It's a non-name brand built by the vendor. But I had this problem even before installing my OS.

MohsinGhafoor profile image61

Mohsin Ghafoor (MohsinGhafoor) says

ShootersCenter profile image80

David (ShootersCenter) says