150Ideas profile image 61

How do internet relationships differ from in-person? Are they more real or less real?

In light of Manti Te'o's (Notre Dame football player) experience, do you think that relationships formed over the internet are more real or less real than those formed in person. Why and why not? Even though Manti was a victim of "cat fishing" could it be that the relationship he thought he had was deeper and more true than one he would form with someone in person? What about non-romantic relationships? For example hiring someone via the internet you've never met? or support relationships? conversing with someone in a forum that shares the same interests as you?

UnknownWon profile image59

Best Answer Joe Smith (UnknownWon) says

• 150Ideas profile image

150Ideas 3 years ago

WOW, now it is my turn to be flabbergasted. But touche. The internet is not someplace where you can really get to know someone. In fact a small misinterpretation can get totally blown out of proportion. But at least my question is answered. Thanks.

CRe8tiVeLiFe profile image81

Erin (CRe8tiVeLiFe) says

150Ideas profile image61

150Ideas says

• CRe8tiVeLiFe profile image

Erin (CRe8tiVeLiFe) 3 years ago

Wow! In NO WAY was I attacking your spelling of the word catfish. I don't know if I am spelling it right! That is a GREAT example of how you can't get a real feel for a person online. I often use the expression "one word" when I am making a point.

cebutouristspot profile image73

cebutouristspot says