Battery maintenance Tips and Steps to find replacement batteries for your Laptop
If you are confused in finding the right replacement battery for your laptop, this article will guide you to buy right laptop batteries.
1. Make a note of your laptop Brand, Model and Series (Ex:Dell Inspiron 1000 series related Dell Inspiron laptop batteries
2. You can find the model and series number at bottom of your Laptop or in Manual provided with Laptop.
3. Search Online to find the stores dealing with laptop batteries (Ex: Dell Inspiron 1000 series laptop battery).
4. Find the relevant store that carries the required laptop battery.
5. Look that your laptop series is listed in compatible list.
6. Ensure the image in the store matches your laptop battery.
7. Many stores sell at cheaper price and don’t give the warranty, Beware of such stores.
8. Check the quality assurance and warranty period before shopping.
If you still have confusion in finding laptop batteries, Ring up to tech support and you will be assisted by the live technician in getting the required battery. Clear all your queries related to quality, backup time, warranty etc and go for shopping.
Listed below are some of the recommended laptop batteries dealers:
Laptop battery maintenance Tips:
1. If you are not using your laptop for long period of time remove the battery from the laptop.
2. It is Safe to remove the battery, make sure that it is charged to 40% and store it in a dry, warm place.
3. Make sure that it is wrapped protectively and nothing will be dropped on it.
4. Every laptop battery should be re-installed every 3-4 weeks and allowed to fully discharge
5. Storing Battery in a place for long period of time without using, it could cause the battery to fully discharge as the circuitry of the battery itself consumes power.
6. Make sure to plug your laptop into an uninterrupted power source (UPS) not directly into an outlet or surge protector.
7. Do not expose the battery to high heat or freezing temperatures.
8. Fully charge new battery packs before use. New pack needs to be fully charged and discharged (cycled) a few times before it can condition to full capacity.
9. Do not short-circuit. A short-circuit may cause severe damage to the battery.
10. Do not drop, hit or otherwise abuse the battery as this may result in the exposure of the cell contents, which are corrosive.