Best iPad 2 Cases
Cases for the iPad 2 - Review
I surfed the internet intensively, trying to gather the best iPad 2 cases you could find online. I hope you'll like what I found.
Tuff-Luv iPad 2 Leather Cases
Tuff-Luv Tri-Axis Leather Case
Handmade in high grade genuine leather hide, the Tri-Axis case from Tuff-Luv is a slight upgrade from the Bi-Axis case (for the iPad 1st gen.) released last year. Both cases make it possible to view your display either in a portrait or lanscape orientation. And a snap-stand allows you to pick the most comfortable viewing angle. The difference is that the Tri-Axis case can be set to open in a left or right hand manner in portrait mode.
Don't slouch over your tablet for hours, or tire out your wrists! Simply flip around the cover and snap the stand into a comfortable, stress-free viewing position.
Tuff-Luv Multi-view Case
The Multi-View Case is similar to the other case above, but it is not possible to view your display in portrait orientation when you snap it to use it as a stand.
Hamp Cover for iPad 2
Handmade in natural hemp, this case is compatible with iPad 2 only.
Proporta Leather cases
Aluminium Lined Leather Cases
Crafted from quality leather, the iPad 2's screen remains protected by a tough aluminium plate lining. Cunningly positioned cut outs allow access to all ports and controls.
This leather protective sleeve comes in either black leather with a pin stripe interior or a brown leather with a tartan lining. Both offer excellent protection to your iPad 2 against bumps, knocks and scratches.
Veggie Faux Leather Cases
If you're concerned with animal rights, you might prefer a faux leather case for your iPad 2 tablet. This Proporta case is made from a high quality leather alternative.
High Gloss Cases
A stylish Apple iPad 2 case made from a high gloss, leather style material.
This pouch case is designed to cover and protect your iPad against water, sand, mud and snow. Waterproof to 5 metres (15 feet)! Allows full use of the iPad's touch screen.
Targus Protective Cases
With 3 separate viewing angles, the ultra-thin Targus VuScape case with built-in stand enables full access to your iDevice without removing it from its protective cover. A soft interior lining protects it from scratches.
The Targus 360 degree rotating stand/case is specifically designed for the iPad 2 . The sophisticated styling of the Rotating Stand/Case features a unique, patent-pending mechanism that creatively frames the Apple logo and allows the iPad to rotate both vertically and horizontally while in the case. For optimum comfort, this case offers three viewing positions including a lower angle which is ideal for typing on the screen. The form-fitted design securely holds the iPad in place while the hard-sided exterior provides a sturdy, protective cover.
Targus Hughes Leather Portfolio Slipcase
Constructed of smooth oil-tanned leather material, the Targus Hughes Leather Portfolio Slipcase is a sophisticated iPad leather case that has the look and feel of a high-end executive portfolio. Whether you're transporting the iPad 2 between meetings or inside of another carrying case for added protection, the Hughes iPad Case provides a professional appearance.
Belkin Access Folio
The Belkin Access Folio is a protective folio and stand in one. This stylish case hugs your iPad 2 and protects it from scratches and scuffs, with a pocket that lets you store your gear with surprising capacity. Its casual look makes it the perfect iPad 2 case on week-ends.
Hard Candy Cases: The Bubble sleeve
A zippered hard sleeve with Hard Candy's signature bubble design. It allows use of your iPad in or out of its sleeve. With its EVA-molded rigid case, it is probably a notch above other neoprene sleeves in terms of protection. I particularly like the little fitted rubber bumpers that help absorb sudden shocks. This is my favorite iPad case protection-wise.
The Candy Convertible combines the practicality of a flip folio with the soft trendiness of faux nubuck. Sophistication, professionalism, style and protection combined and designed specifically for the Apple iPad 2.
Hard Candy Case Street Skin Case
Designed specifically to protect the iPad 2, this form-fitting defender delivers unsurpassed style and protection from one of the leaders in fashion-forward iPad cases. Combine 3 mm of shock-absorbing TPU rubber at the corners and edges with a case material that won't stretch or surrender, and you've got truly rugged iPad protection.
iLuv iPad 2 Cases
iLuv Flex-Gel Case (ICC818)
A super-sleek, customized fit available in stylish colors. The iCC818 allows full access to the audio jack, dock connector and all other iPad 2 controls.
CaseCrown Pouch Cases
This case is lined with shock absorbing double memory foam. Internal bands keep it from shifting and rubbing the seams. The case is fitted slightly larger than other cases, allowing you to keep a hard shell case on the device itself. (Some come with a front pocket that allows you to carry your iPad accessories.)
Skinomi TechSkin Clear Case
This skin protector features two layers of protection. The first, topmost layer provides scratch-resistance and UV protection for anti-yellowing. The second layer is a thick, puncture resistant film to minimize damage from scrapes and dents. Unlike other screen protectors and skins, the TechSkin features "self-healing" technology, meaning scratches do not stay on the film, and keeps your iPad 2 tablet looking new.
Which iPad Case should I buy?
There are thousands of different cases available, and hundreds that are great. I tried my best to find the most interesting cases available today. Here are some tips to help you choose the case that best fits your needs.
- First you have to set yourself a budget. Determine how much you're willing to invest to protect your device.
- decide whether you want a simple case to carry your iPad, or one that stays on and that you use your iPad in.
- If you want to use your iPad "naked" not in a folio style cover you need a carry case, pouch or sleeve. The best iPad cases in sleeve or pouch style will be secure but quick and easy to get your iPad in and out of.
- If you want something that protects the device all the time you need either a shell type cover (which can be soft silicone or hard polycarbonate) or a folio style cover.
- Shell type covers are great for giving bump protection but make sure you choose one which gives good access to all controls and ports. You may want an additional slightly over-sized sleeve to carry your iPad around as shells rarely protect the display of the tablet.
- Folio or book style covers are extremely popular since they continue to protect the device all the time. If you want to prop up your iPad be sure to get one with a built in stand that allows the device to be stood up at various angles for the most flexibility.
Keep in mind that:
- Leather offers a good degree of protection, looks good and ages well.
- An alternative is "Veggie" or Faux-leather, that is usually made in a far less polluting way than most modern tanning; or hemp which is extremely durable and kind to cows!
- For the ultimate in shock resistance and modern styling, choose a polycarbonate with an overlay of silicone such as the molded rigid cases from Hard Candy Cases (see above).
You liked this hub? Please rate it!
More by this Author
Gmail vs Skype - Gmail rates vs Skype rates : A Comparison - Extensive list of international calling rates both for Skype and the Gmail / Google Voice VoIP services.
friv.com: Friv Games - www.friv.com is a site where you can play free online games. I asked my two sons, Jacob (9 years old) and David (12 years old) to share their thoughts about Friv.