How To Change Blogger Favicon In All Browsers - Get Rid Of The Big Orange "B"!
Not Liking The Blogger Favicon?
Blogger favicon? What? What on earth is a blogger favicon? If you found yourself asking that question -- don't worry! You're not alone. For those who are challenged when it comes to technical words, the word "Favicon" might be something new. It was for me! I was searching on and on for tutorials regarding how to change my blogger favicon without knowing exactly what the icon was called.
What is a favicon? A favicon (short for "favorite icon") is a small icon which comes in 16x16, 32x32 or 64x64 sizes and they are seen in the address bar of browsers. For blogspot, Favicon comes in the form of a big Orange "B". For Hubpages this Favicon is an "H". I'm sure those who are frequent Blogspot users must be aware of the big Orange B. Usually this orange B is something we totally ignore, but what happens when you feel like personalizing your blog to a whole new level. How do you change that icon? How do you add your own favicon?
I decided to type out my own tutorial after I made some dumb mistakes whle uploading my own favicon. There are many tutorials on the Web, but what I am trying to do here is to offer step-by-step instructions so that you get your blogger favicon uploaded in the very first try!
A Recommended Read on Blogging
Step-By-Step Instructions On How To Change The Blogspot Favicon
- Log into your blogger/blogspot account.
- Click on "Design" for the blog you want to edit.
- Click on "Edit HTML"
- Use CTRL + F to search for "</head>"
- Just above that, type the following code -
<link href='icon URL' rel='shortcut icon' type='image/x-icon'/>
where icon URL = a favicon icon URL ending in .ico format hosted at a free icon hosting site.
I recommend iconj.com. You don't need to create an account there (saves a lot of time), create your own favicon and then you will get a favicon URL immediately which you can then use in the code given above. Remember to use icon with .ico format! This is very important! The mistake I did was hosting a picture with jpg format. Even if this worked on Google Chrome and Firefox, it did not work on IE. This is why I totally recommend using a favicon with .ico format!
This single code is enough for you to change the blogspot favicon in all browsers!
Why Would You Want To Change Your Blogger Favicon?
- To personalize your blogger page.
- If you have just purchased a domain name and you are using blogspot platform to host your blog, then you might want to remove that big Orange B which loudly advertises blogspot.
- A customized favicon makes your blog look unique from the rest.
- A unique blogger favicon makes your site look professional!
You Might Also Be Interested In -
- How To Download All Your Photos and Videos On Facebook
How you can download all your uploaded photos and videos in a single click to your hard-drive!
- How to Find Interesting Topics to Write About
Running out of topics? Think you are facing a writer's block? This page is for you!
- My Google AdSense Payout - The First $100 in my First Year!
Learn how I made my first $100 Google payout in my first year of Internet marketing!
- Funny Facebook Groups - Funniest FB Groups
The funniest facebook groups. You will love the collection!
- The Nokia X2-01 Is A Blackberry Imitator, For Less Money
How is the Nokia X2-01 similar to the Blackberry? How is it beneficial for users seeking a Blackberry look-alike?
- Is It Possible To Track Your Facebook Profile Visits?
Learn the different ways with which you can track your Facebook profile visits.
More by this Author
Funny moments of people farting recorded on Live TV. Absolutely hilarious and downright embarrassing.
Have you had enough of browsing social networking sites? Are you looking for new interesting content on the Web? Here are some of the websites you need to check out if you are bored. Enjoy the collection!
Get inspired by these fun and highly creative Big Hero 6 birthday cakes.