Get rid of Google redirect virus
Google Redirect Virus
Google redirect virus
Okay, let's just jump to the reason that you came here. You go to search for something simple on the Internet. For example, your favorite clothing store, let's say Abercrombie and Fitch. Obviously, Abercrombie and Fitch is the first result, but clicking it doesn't take you to their website. What it will do is take you to a website that is nothing more than a scheme for a hacker to make money. This type of virus is called the Google redirect virus. However, this redirect virus can affect Google, Yahoo, and Bing, as well as other search engines.
Removal of the redirect virus for free
Now, there are a lot of people on the Internet right now trying to sell products to remove this virus. The removal of this redirect virus, whether Google or other search engines is fairly easy.
- Get your computer to safe mode with networking ( this normally can be done by restarting your computer and hitting F8, on some computers I have seen it be F5 or ESC key)
- Connect to the Internet if your computer doesn't do it automatically.
- In your browser's address bar manually type in or copy and paste the web address malwarebytes.org and download the free version of malwarebytes which is on CNET.com
- you can also download malwarebytes to a USB drive and load it into safe mode.
- Allow malwarebytes to install and update itself.
- On the scanner tab select full scan
- depending on how much is on your computer this scan can take 45 min. up to three hours.
- When the scan is finished make sure all of the found viruses are checked and then hit remove selected in the bottom right corner of the program.
- The program will then ask you to do a restart, go ahead and do so, let the computer start Windows normally.
- Check to make sure that the Google redirect virus has been removed by doing a search.
- If it has not been removed, which is highly unlikely, make sure your antivirus is up to date and run your antivirus as well, you may want to do this anyway just make sure.
Google redirect virus Removal tool
Do you actually have the Google redirect virus?
Quick checks that diagnose the Google redirect virus
- When using Google or other search engines, clicking on search results send you to unrelated sites.
- Your computer may be moving slowly, this can be due to the redirect virus or the presence of other viruses on your computer.
- You can also tell by clicking on search results and noticing if the web address is different than the one you clicked on in the search results.
- Answering yes to one and three, means you definitely have the Google redirect virus.
What is the Google redirect virus?
This browser redirect virus as stated above, is meant to direct you to sites that contain nothing but ads for scams trying get your money, bank information, or even your identity. If your computer is that to a network, let's say the one you work at, one person at your job can get the redirect virus on their computer and in fact every computer on the network. Depending on your business this can spell trouble. Mainly because the browser redirect virus does not travel alone. if someone has managed to get infected with the Google redirect virus you can be sure they got infected with a whole slew of viruses.
How did I get the Google redirect virus
Sometimes, getting infected with the Google redirect virus can be innocent. There a lot of websites on the Internet that promise certain things when downloading a certain program. These programs can be disguised as the Google redirect virus. Also, the more common way to be infected by this type of browser redirect virus is by downloading music, movies, or video games which claim to be free. Yes of course some of these sites are legit and you can download those things for free. But, there are malicious people who will say download the avengers movie for free. The download may even say 'AvengersDVDrip.WMA' but I can assure you that it very well could be a virus. I have fixed multiple customer computers and deleted viruses that are called names of popular music, movies, and video games.
Sure, you can pay someone to remove the Google redirect virus for you or by some program. Why not give it a try yourself, all you have to gain is extra money in your wallet. Now as far as virus removal, let's just say I've lost a few hairs on my head doing this type of job. But I have always come out on top :) If you have any questions leave them below. I would do my best to get you the answer.
More by this Author
The anatomy of the heart consists of the vena cava, right atrium, right ventricle, left and right pulmonary arteries, left and right pulmonary veins, left atrium, left ventricle, and aorta. Take an in-depth look at the...
Types of Management Styles, how they work and when to use the different types of management styles.
A Ventrogluteal injection can be one of the most useful spots for a health professional to use. It's easy to locate and the muscle mass in that area makes the ventrogluteal injection an ideal site for administering...