Developing a Website or Custom Application for a Customer - Things to Consider
Always setup your environment to be IDENTICAL to your customer's when the final product is going to be deployed offsite.
Check the following
- same web server and version
- same database
- same name for apps they are using
- same directory structure.
- write down a list of ALL variables in yours and the customers environments.
- perform tests where each variable contains a different value to avoid cases where some variables are assumed to have the same value as others.
- make sure you fully understand the client API's involved.
NOTE: If you assume anything, it will probably fail in those areas.
By the way, the goal of these HubPages includes the following:
- help make life easier for developers, especially those starting out.
- provide practical real-world knowledge to reduce stress, and to make work more enjoyable.
- to make you a better developer, in all aspects, including skills, communication, and health.
You spend most of your time at work, so you may as well enjoy it, and you may as well learn to get good at it. Otherwise, you'll be stressed out, and be forced to do overtime and all nighters. Believe me, I've been there!
Good Luck for the Future.
More by this Author
- 6Zipping and Unzipping Nested Directories in Java using Apache Commons Compress (Zip Unzip Files & Folders Recursively)
How to create and extract Zip files using Apache Commpons. Zip and Unzip folders recursively in Java.
No comments yet.