jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Knoji/factzoid writers: How to Delete Articles from Knoji

1. tamron profile image61
    tamronposted 4 years ago

I am so dis pleased with this site I can scream.  For a year now I have emailed Factzoid 4 or 5 times never getting a reply.  I never get answers in the forum.  I receive earnings which I never see in my paypal account.  It keeps saying I have to add my paypal info. I do and click save but my paypal info.never appears in my account settings profile.

So can I edit or delete my articles that were not upfront payments articles?

1. Janellegems profile image50
      Janellegemsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am also a member Of knoji.  I stopped writing for them a few months ago.  I am so sorry for your experience with them.  As you may know Knoji has different writing levels.   The fact is if ou are not a "Knoji expert", you cannot delete articles. Even if you delete your account, they keep your articles, which is absolutely outrageous.   I am a Knoji contributor, so I cannot delete my articles.  I am not sure why that is happening with your paypal, maybe the site has a glitch.  I am not sure.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 4 years ago

You can contact paypal and see what they tell you.  Have you changed your pay pal address? This can create a problem even if you change it in your profile info at knoji.  I found this to work.  Their address is  Social Commerce Group, LLC
    (parent company of Knoji.com)
    71 Stevenson St.
    San Francisco, CA 94105
    Don't expect a reply.  So the next and final step is to go to the BBB site for San Francisco and file a formal complaint. You will need pay dates and earnings information.
    I was owed money for 3 months, and until I filed BBB complaint, I could not get paid. They never get back to you at Knoji, same thing with Factoidz.   This may take several months, but once BBB gets involved, you will get your money.

3. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 4 years ago

You never get published articles even though we are supposed to own them.

4. tamron profile image61
    tamronposted 4 years ago

I read the TOS and it said the content belongs to the owners not the site.  I also don't remember ever reading anywhere that you had to write 10 articles in order to edit or delete your articles.  I would have never wrote for them.  I guess you live and learn.  That seems pretty sneaky and down right deceiving.   I have a good mind to duplicate those articles and put them on my blog.  What could they do anyways?

1. LindaSmith1 profile image60
      LindaSmith1posted 4 years ago in reply to this

This is from TOS:  Submission of Content. In order for You to submit Content for publication on the Website, You acknowledge and agree that:

(a) all of Your content will be your own work and all copyrights to such content will be owned by you

(b) all of Your content will be accurate and based on facts and research referenced within your content

(c) all of your content will be submitted according to the Knoji publishing guidelines

License to Content. We do not claim ownership of the Content you submit to us. However, by submitting Content to Knoji, you are granting us the right to display your content on our Website. You may request that we remove your Content from our Website after such Content has been published, and in certain cases we will remove your Content as requested. However, you must provide a reasonable reason for removal of Content published on Knoji, in particular Content for which you have already been paid a non-refundable an upfront royalty.

Quoc plays with words to mislead. If we own copyright, we can do whatever we want with our articles.