Google's Marissa Mayer Tapped as Yahoo's Chief

1. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

Marissa Mayer, one of the top executives at Google, will be the next C.E.O. of Yahoo, making her one of the most prominent women in Silicon Valley and corporate America.
    ...Ms. Mayer said she is intent on leveraging the Internet company's strong franchises including email, finance and sports. She also hopes to do more with its video broadband and its mobile businesses.

Still, Ms. Mayer is unlikely to try to make Yahoo a direct competitor to Google in the world of search. In 2009, Yahoo gave up its search engine and partnered with Microsoft, which was seen by some analysts as a concession that it couldn't compete. … 08190.html
    well I'm glad someone capable is coming to help yahoo and I'm surprised to learn that yahoo doesn't have their own search engine...hmmm i know yahoo's email is a mess lately roll

2. jacharless profile image82
    jacharlessposted 4 years ago

She is no doubt the best candidate for the job. Having a deep, insider view of both Google Search and Microsoft Bing Search platforms, she is better equipped for the curve/edge Yahoo desperately needs. I can certainly see Yahoo taking on Social Search/Social Commerce better than Google and Bing. Adding their existing News & Entertainment platform, it will certainly be a good race between the three. Maybe it will finally pull the reigns in on biG.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

And she's also pregnant and they knew that when they hired her. Yay! She plans to take 3 weeks maternity leave in total... and work during it.