jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (15 posts)

What's going on with Wizzley?

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image91
    PaulGoodman67posted 4 years ago

Every time I go there, I get redirected to http://pagewizz.com.  I'm guessing that's the German version?  Anybody know what's going on?

1. Will Apse profile image90
      Will Apseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Big update. It looks like the magazine style update Hubpages attempted but then abandoned, It is a very smart look. Shame about the traffic...

Live already, where I am.

1. SimeyC profile image88
        SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Not sure whether I like it or not. It looks like a 'blogspot' gallery blog.....

2. prettydarkhorse profile image66
      prettydarkhorseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

overhaul of their system, I think wizzley is managed by some Germans. They are trying to improve their site overall, I think!

2. Stacie L profile image85
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

I just checked my profile page and its wizzley and a new look!

3. PaulGoodman67 profile image91
    PaulGoodman67posted 4 years ago

I've still got the German version at present.  I like Wizzley, but traffic and earnings there don't seem good, like Will says.  I've not put my strongest material up there, though, I'll admit.  Adsense earnings are also low across all sites, as far as I can tell at the mo.

PaulGoodman67posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Now I see the new Wizzley!  I like it!  Infobarrel could do with a makeover too imho!  smile

1. rebekahELLE profile image89
        rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm not on Wizzley, so I just checked it out.  I see they have 'You Might Also Like' links at the close of the article.  I don't know what it looked like before, but I think the pages look fine.  Did the authors have a choice for the backgrounds?  Some of the backgrounds make it look more like a blog page.

I think everyone's reacting to the Google changes, introducing slimmed down website designs.

Yes, as a user, you pick a colour and a pattern for the background.

2. Will Apse profile image90

Fatal, giving users a choice...

Lets face it, most people like plastic Santa's on the roof come Xmas.

Well the Wizzley options are pretty basic, so it's difficult for a user to do anything too extreme or ugly.  With Squidoo, on the other hand, there  probably is a Santa on the roof option, and if there isn't, they will introduce one.  smile

1. Will Apse profile image90

lol.

2. Greekgeek profile image97
              Greekgeekposted 4 years ago in reply to this

And if there isn't, the evil purveyor of CSS border colors will help them build one! smile

*hides my old CSS tricks lens behind back, looking vaguely guilty*

I never expected that people would use ALL the CSS styles at once on the same paragraph. Whoopsie.

4. Veronica Bright profile image62
    Veronica Brightposted 4 years ago

I've been trying for two days to get on Wizzley. Keeps saying they are online but cannot connect. What gives?

5. SmartAndFun profile image91
    SmartAndFunposted 4 years ago

I just typed www.wizzley.com into my browser and a page full of article choices popped right up, along with an invite for me to become an author.

working