jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)

Fire Fox Issues....

1. 0
    jenuboukaposted 4 years ago

I am having FF issues after the last update.  Whenever I try to open a new tab; the browsers keeps saying "not Responding" Then I have to shut the connection down and restart the browser.  Anyone know why or how to fix this???

There is a program that I can't remove, My start or something like that; can't figure how to uninstall it as I think this might have something to do with it.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 4 years ago

You can try a couple of ways to get rid of my start.  Go to Control Panel: Remove/install programs, check the list, if it is there, click on it to uninstall and uninstall it.  Also check, i believe it is program files, and see if it is listed there. you find this if you click on computer and the c drive for files in computer.  Look for the My start and get riid of it from there as well, then do a disc cleanup.

1. LindaSmith1 profile image61
      LindaSmith1posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I forgot, if that fails, uninstall Firefox and try reinstalling it.  Or uninstall Firefox period.  The do a restore for you computer which will take it back to an earlier set up.  The do disc cleanup.  and then reinstall FF.  I got rid of Firefox due to problems with it.  Went to Google Chrome.

1. 0
        jenuboukaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Cool, Thanks.  I will give that a try.

3. 60
    Jassinexposted 4 years ago

maybe you're browser is not up to date, You can update it by clicking on "About" right from the menu.

4. 0
    jenuboukaposted 4 years ago

So that was a big pain in the ass.  That my start incredbar is a nasty virus that was doing it.  I had to uninstall it from IE, Chrome, and I uninstalled fire fox and then downloaded it.  I have to have all three browsers for various jobs etc.  so those who ever run in to this; there ya go.

1. 0

Oh scratch that; when I open a new window in FF it is that damn site again.  ARGGGG

2. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image94
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for posting this thread, Jenubouka - I have had trouble installing the newer FireFox update, and I'm still on the old one, but losing my enthusiasm for it as each day goes by. I also use multiple browsers (Chrome, Safari & FF), but since Safari allows you to open new windows, I'm okay if I get rid of FF, I think.

Anyone else heard good things about Opera?  I've had at least two unrelated sources tell me they like it best of all, but I have no experience with it. Also, their uses might differ from mine, so if anyone here on HP has used it, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

1. jponiato profile image82
        jponiatoposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I use Opera as my first choice.  It is one of the most compliant with HTML / CSS standards, and generally faster than its counterparts.  I keep Firefox and IE around for some sites that insist on checking to see if I'm running one of those, and if not, telling me to "upgrade" to a different browser.  One of the neatest things about Opera is that it includes a full-featured email client, so you don't have to run Outlook Express, Thunderbird, or any other mail client in addition to the browser.

5. Kangaroo_Jase profile image81
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 4 years ago

The browser itself is not the issue, and removing it will not fix the problem. Follow the My Start Incredibar removal process on this link;

http://deletemalware.blogspot.com.au/20 … stall.html

1. 0

Hey Kangaroo_Jase!  I found that site later yesterday and (hopefully) that blasted link is long gone.  How annoying that was!

2. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image94

Kangaroo_Jase - do you happen to know whether that malware (or whatever) could create a message saying there's no more space on your start-up disk?  My start-up is my HD (has lots of space left), but I started getting that message in recent weeks.  Have had techs helping me by phone, but I'd not heard of the issue you mentioned.  I'm on an iMac. And I'm very new to macs.

6. Kangaroo_Jase profile image81
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 4 years ago

That's is not something I have seen to be caused by malware. In my previous experience with Macs it is usually because the disc is full or it's a bad installed version of OS X. Other than that you may have physically damaged sectors on your hard drive.

If your iMac is still under warranty I would take it to the blue smurfs in your local Apple store. Sorry I mean blue shirt people smile

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image94

Hi, KJ - I'm sitting here laughing;  I'll always think of them as Smurfs now!  It is not on warranty any longer (bummer) - I got it second hand but in perfect condition from a close relative. I signed up for the one-month tech support thing (where they help with that specific issue) and that's been a huge help.  Trying to avoid taking it in, because it's quite large & heavy. 

I installed Lion after I got it, and I just installed Mountain Lion.  Maybe the new OS will help.  After reading your comments here, I did a search about the error message I was seeing, and that was interesting - many people are seeing the same message, when (as with me) they have plenty of disk space left.  Some message boards say it's an internal back-up to the local disk, but that it's only on MacBooks, not iMacs.  Anyway, your comments here helped me see a way to research it further, and I really appreciate that guidance!

7. SoManyPaths profile image59
    SoManyPathsposted 4 years ago

Firefox is buggy for me too. However, I refuse to get everything Google. Especially after their last update to hurt small self-employed people.