jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Do you use cloud storage?

1. 0
    Ruth Pieterseposted 4 years ago

1. richardjang profile image59
      richardjangposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes. Use Dropbox and you can sync photos, videos and files between your smartphone and your computer.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 4 years ago

skydrive for windows smartphone only

3. tirelesstraveler profile image87
    tirelesstravelerposted 4 years ago

Have been thinking about it.  The Cloud is intriguing.  There are some great aspects to it, but I am somewhat hesitant to put everything into a cloud.

4. WriteAngled profile image92
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

I am reluctant to put things for safekeeping with a service that might fold any day without warning. I have a server, which backs up my laptop daily (and would back up any other computers on the network, although there are none at present). I feel much safer with that than with something in cyberspace.

BTW, love your photo. Is it from where you live?

1. 0
      Ruth Pieterseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi. Thanks. Yes, it was taken by my husband from our deck in front of the house in Pietermaritzburg SA.

I'm also wary of using cloud storage. Maybe as a backup, it would be ok. But just to store? I 'm really not sure. Don't trust it either.

5. jponiato profile image83
    jponiatoposted 4 years ago

I'm using Google Drive, mainly because I use Google Docs (merging with Google Drive anyway) and for hosting files I'd like to access from anywhere with any device.  I do not think Google will fold any time soon, but I do share others' concerns about privacy.  I would not store anything there with sensitive or proprietary information unless it was encrypted.