jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (16 posts)

facebook ~ A Primer and more

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

I have decided to get tangled up with facebook. I have had an account with them for some time, but have done nothing with it really, other than spamming my hubs. I have all of 2 followers.  I am looking for anything that I would want to know. What triggered this was a follow that no doubt came from my new profile page.

I would like to make the topic of this thread true.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image59
      Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It made it easy. I have an FB page and only have six followers maybe. I don't go out looking for them. However, seeing an op to follow a fellow hubber I jumped on bandwagon. Nevertheless, should we use this media to promote our hubs we will need to broaden our horizons beyond fellow hubbers.

paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yep. My original thought, way back when, was fellow high-schoolers and such; I didn't really care, so I let it die. Now I want present company! Here, there, and everywhere.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image59
          Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago in reply to this

smile

2. Faybe Bay profile image85
      Faybe Bayposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I made the mistake of getting into the games, so if this is a primer, #1 rule, stay away from the games if you are trying to promote your Hubs... Unless of course, your niche is games, if so go ahead and play and write some reviews to warn people about the ones that freeze or crash your browser (too much going on while loading).

paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

big_smile

Thanks, Iwill stay away from games.

1. Faybe Bay profile image85

It wasn't exactly my fault, I told my son to tell his father NOT to send me anything from Farmville. But Sean told him "Hey mom said you can send her something from Farmville... So he sent me a board and the rest was History. smile

2. Faybe Bay profile image85

Oh and to get friends who will read your hubs "Like" pages that are about what you're writing about. You can also join Groups, just search in the search bar for your niche.

2. paradigmsearch profile image89

Keep them coming, the forums are a sink-hole enough for me. My guess is that Farmville, etc would kill me. lol

I am new to the concept of Groups. Thank You!

The groups are great you just look around the top left for the "Join" icon. You have to wait until they accept you before you can post. There's a Hub Pages page that's run by HP and a Hub Pages group with over 400 people in it. Then some individual hubbers made pages that you can post on, like ZZRON.

3. Hollie Thomas profile image59
    Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago

You get the op to decline friend requests. Just in case some reader decides to stalk, not that it ever happens to me. But it might, perhaps something you should be aware of.

Oh and if you do get a stalker you can block them. In order to do that you need to acquire one teenager 17 years old or younger. I already have one, made him myself. He saves my life on Facebook all the time. If you don't have one already I suggest you try and borrow one from a neighbor or relative. big_smile

4. paradigmsearch profile image89

I am extremely unimpressed by this link, but I am posting it anyway: http://www.facebook.com/facebooktips

5. paradigmsearch profile image89

Just posting. Converse is open.

Sorry My browser was giving me trouble, probably because I went to that facebook link; Yeah it was a lousy page. Mine looks better, but it only has 10 likes. sad

working