jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Anyone else experienced this problem?

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image79
    Ultimate Hubberposted 4 years ago

I use bluehost, and today almost all of my wordpress sites showed "error establishing database connection" message...

When I contacted them, the connection to database is lost or something and we can restore backup which was taken on sunday.
    I didn't signup into my account, let alone messing with the database...

My question is, what do you thing went wrong with my account. Did a BH employee mess with it?

I didn't receive an answer when I asked them if their one of their employee did something...So, can you help?

1. Dinesh Selva profile image59
      Dinesh Selvaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Deleted

Ultimate Hubberposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Cool first post on HP forums... I must say!

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

It seems to be a not uncommon problem.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=%22error+establish … 2+bluehost

I do know that when I started with websites, I was advised not to go with Bluehost as they caused issues once you began getting more traffic. I changed soon after to Hostgator.

3. Ultimate Hubber profile image79
    Ultimate Hubberposted 4 years ago

"as they caused issues once you began getting more traffic"

This is so very true... Last year they suspended my hosting account and just sent an email informing me. All my websites went offline. When I contacted them, I was told extremely complex statements about a website of mine. This website started getting a lot of traffic those days. As for the complex statements, I have a BS degree in software engineering, but still couldn't understand what they are talking about.

So, I had to unassign that website and only then my other websites went online. I always thought, it was related to traffic.

Thanks Wrylilt, guess I am going to Google things more often.

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

smile Maybe time to change hosts?

Ultimate Hubberposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I bought hostgator after that previous incident and my new websites are hosted there ... Yup, I should move these sites also. smile

working