jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Women's Blog, free to good home

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago

A few months ago, I started a new blog, plaintalkforwomen.com

I've now decided it was a silly idea - I need to reduce the number of websites I've got, not increase them!   So I'm wondering if anyone would like to take it over?

The thing is, I've had contributions to the blog from several writers, and it seems mean to just shut down the blog after all their efforts.  It would be great if someone would like to take it on, preserving the content that's already there and going on to build it up.

Any takers?  PM me.

1. plussizepixie profile image77
      plussizepixieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Marisa I'd have leapt at the chance if I didn't have my "sensible head" on  - unfortunately I'm in the same boat as you trying to consolidate the number of websites I have and letting domain names go that I know I will never develop. Good luck finding someone to take over your blog - looks like a nice project for someone.

2. Sally's Trove profile image99
      Sally's Troveposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think this is a good opportunity for someone. Wish you and the new owner good luck.

2. 0
    mirinfoposted 4 years ago

May I have the pleasure to have one of ur sites? I will be very thankful to u if u do the needful to me.

3. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

I'm trying to consolidate too; I have about five expiring this year.

Just out of curiosity, since authors on the site keep their rights and affiliate links, how would copyright issues work with a new owner?

Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't see why that would be affected.  Right now, I own the blog but the authors keep their copyright - someone new takes over, same applies.

1. WryLilt profile image86
        WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I was just curious because Ryan mentioned getting a $5,000 offer for Excerptz but not taking it, because he couldn't enforce that writers kept their copyright.

I should be so lucky to get an offer like that!   In this instance, the blog is small, and 90% of the writers contributed one article to get a backlink, not to earn from the articles.   I doubt many of them would be too concerned.

1. WryLilt profile image86
            WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ok. Good luck! I'm sure someone will take it, I know a year or two ago I would've jumped at it.

4. Hendrika profile image71
    Hendrikaposted 4 years ago

Yes, well I am closing down most of my domains as well. I hope your find someone as it seems everybody is consolidating as not all mini sites and blogs make it anymore.

5. Kangaroo_Jase profile image82
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 4 years ago

Marisa,

Have you contemplated selling it on Flippa?

I tried selling a couple of blogs on Flippa once. From memory, it cost me around $30 and I got one bid for $10.   Seems to me it's not worth selling there unless youwrite about popular keywords, because otherwise no one wants it.

working