Grr To Outsourcing!

1. jacharless profile image82
    jacharlessposted 4 years ago

Am very disappointed, yet again.
    Today, a very good friend, savvy tech entrepreneur and partner at a respectable VC firm, informaed me of a sidebar Web Development Company, in Serbia. The site + app I was in line for, at a fair market price of 80k USD has now been sourced to for a flat 10k USD. Granted to them, it is 80k, given the still present conditions in post-war Belgrade.

He firmly agrees the State-side price was fair and described that the Outsource team is providing the exact same responsive, high-quality programming.

I am very disappointed, in that the VC firm is dumping 1Mil into the project either way, regardless of success so why outsource it? Makes no sense. Granted, neither one of us are American born individuals yet understand we have to eat. I continuously see this trend happening. I mean no disrespect to programmers around the planet, but really?

The odd of it, I am building what just very well be a new page in digital music//content and the firm is extremely interested in seeing the prototype and 65% sure it will go into Beta. Now I am considering an Outsourced [Brazilian, Russian or UK based] VC firm...

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Pretty much any profession where a physical presence is not required is doomed.

Come to think of it, H-1 Visas come to mind... So, all professions are doomed. Period.

3. WriteAngled profile image92
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

It's called globalisation.

It is totally within the capitalist ethos, which is exemplified above all by the USA. The story therefore does not surprise me in the slightest.