Remove Spam from Facebook Comment Box

1. stockfx profile image61
    stockfxposted 4 years ago

Has anyone ever had an issue with spam in their Facebook comment box. Recently on my Wordpress blog I have had a couple of people inundate my Facebook comment box with spam.

Can anyone please tell me how to get rid of this? Arghhh!

2. 0
    marked4destinyposted 4 years ago

Here is some info I found from Fox News

"If you receive a piece of spam in your Facebook inbox, click the Report Spam link. That will report it to Facebook so it can take appropriate action against the member who sent it."

"You can also configure your account so that only people who you've already friended can send you messages, which will make it dramatically tougher for spammers to pester you. Click on "Account" in the upper right-hand corner, then on "Privacy Settings." Then click on "Contact Information." Near the bottom of the list of options, you'll see "Send me a message." Change the setting to "Friends only" to prevent people you don't know from contacting you. (They'll still be able to attempt to add you as a friend, but you can accept or ignore these requests as they arrive.)"

Read more: … z26jMUDt00

3. ITcoach profile image60
    ITcoachposted 4 years ago

you replied it perfectly to report it spam but there is another way that you must change your password so that you may save from the account to be hacked. In these days there are too much crawlers that are  trying to hack your facebook account so I suggest that you monthly change your password to avoid from hacking.

Make your account to be private not public