jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Somebody Please Explain TWITTER.

1. kathleenkat profile image91
    kathleenkatposted 4 years ago

I am sorry if this is not the correct forum topic area. However; I know that a lot of hubbers use Twitter to promote their Hubs. I just now signed up for a Twitter... And I'm just like "What? o_0"

What exactly do you do on Twitter? How is it different from Facebook status updates?

2. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 4 years ago

While on your twitter account do a search for your interests... this will show you people that share your interests.. search for the topics you write about... then follow those people.  Don't just go posting links you want to establish a history of sharing ideas and interest... give people a reason to follow you back.  Slowly, insert a link to one of your hubs... mix your tweets (140 character status updates) with a ratio of 10 tweets to 1 link... as you're followers increase you can increase the ratio... You don't want to overwhelm your first followers. 

Don't make the mistake of following the most popular twits smile they will not follow you back and they fill your feed with worthless information... unless of course you are a celebrity hound.  The point is to engage and interact with like minded individuals...  when you make tweets be aware of your limited character real estate so use hashtags.. go to hashtag.org to find out more on that... use a url shortener for your links... I don't use the one built in here at HP, I like Google's url shortener.  It has an analytics built in so you can track the success or failures of your links.  In your tweets, ask that it be retweeted or shared.

kathleenkatposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you! That is leagues more than I thought I knew about Twitter.

3. Xenonlit profile image61
    Xenonlitposted 4 years ago

I just explained the heck out of Twitter.

Could you be more specific? Else all I see is your 8-word response, which quite frankly, does not help me and without any context is spam. I don't like receiving notifications to something I need help with, only to find this. This is not helpful. If you want to help me, please, tell me all about how you use Twitter to promote your writing. If not, please do not post. Thanks.

1. cashmere profile image83
        cashmereposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You should check out the hubs written about using Twitter to promote your work. Just type twitter in the search box and look for hubs that are related to it. There's a lot of useful information out there.

Okay. Thanks. I'll look for one by a successful Hubber smile

4. Douglas Eze profile image60
    Douglas Ezeposted 4 years ago

I'm ironically but actually a new hubber but a tweet personality... I am also a blogger with google and I use twitter to promote my blogs. Twitter is more of a better social platform than facebook. You search for people of your interest or people who live around you... You follow them and ask for a follow back by mentioning them, really if you are new, it would be hard to get followers but start. From somewhere and if you are a lady and you appear stunning, trust me you'll be building your followers quickly as long as you tweet interestingly following the trends of the day.. Notice what's trending around your niche with the #tags, tweet about it in a way people you follow would love and you will start getting followers and with time you let them know about your hubs... Do not be a frequents hub advertiser as they'll see you as a spammer and would unfollow or block you. I hope this helps. But you can follow me for a start @iam_douglaseze

My hub page: <link snipped - no promotional links>
    My blog: <link snipped - no promotional links>