jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

file sharing

1. 60
    matataposted 7 years ago

hi there im a newbie and ive just got myself a ps3 i have it working with wireless with my router but im trying to share my files of movies and music from my pc to the ps3 can anyone
    give me some solutions on how to do this.
    thanks matata

2. 0
    Wadey101mposted 7 years ago

Not sure if that's the easiest method of doing that my friend. Have you tried just putting all your files on a memory stick and using the front USB drives. Hope this helps.

3. britneydavidson profile image61
    britneydavidsonposted 7 years ago

well for my point of view its not possible to connect your pc wirelessly directly to ps3 because then it will be the network funda and then network protocols and other norms come in between.the best idea is through usb or memory card.

4. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

not to mention the large memory req'd for movie d/l's yikes whoooaa! dont think a PSP goin be able handle that , but I'm no expert either tongue so you don't even have to pay attention to anything I say, lol lol

5. killatia profile image60
    killatiaposted 7 years ago

This fourm thread may have the answer your looking for:
    http://www.ps3chat.com/playstation-3-ch … lease.html

6. Junkster profile image60
    Junksterposted 7 years ago

Err, it certainly is possible, you need to download a media server on to your PC like Nero Home or TVersity, then you select which folders/files to share and connect via your PS3.

You need to have uPnP enabled on your router for it to work (or at least to save a lot of hassle)

Try googling ps3 media server as it is a big long process I couldn't hope to answer in a forum post smile

I have mine setup so I can copy movies from my PC to the PS3, our network is pretty poor so it's better copyignt hme on to the PS3 than streaming from my PC.

It's really good for music and pictures too