jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Blog traffic

1. claireH profile image59
    claireHposted 7 years ago

I have just had a blog designed for my website and have been filling it up with lots of information but I am struggling to get visitors to post comments.  Has anyone else had this problem and what can I do to improve this?

1. 0
      terrygposted 7 years ago in reply to this

How long you got?

Join blogcatalog dot com. Join entrecard dot com. Comment on other blogs, Put a call to action on the last sentence of your post. Check your google analytic bounce rate and fix it.

Do you want comments or advertisement clicks? Me, I want clicks. Put a tell your story page on your blog. Invite friends to comment to start things off. Post your own anonymous comments (oops did that come out here, sorry, it was just a thought).

Join forums and have your blog url in your signature.

Ask me to drop by and comment!!   I will, I cannot help myself.

Let us know your blog address and if its a "dofollow" for external links and I'll post a comment. No follow blogs are a waste of time, especially if they akismet spam you, when your trying to do the right thing.

Ask other bloggers to swap a blog roll.

Write an article asking everyone to come and comment on your blog and put it on article directories. works everytime if you "dofollow".

Install a "dofollow" plugin to your comments section and have a "Top Commenter" widget in your side bar.

Comments = fresh content and we know who loves fresh content - G.

And where the heck is Swindon?? By the way icomplete rocks, well done.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Do you mean you're getting visitors but no comments, or you're not getting visitors? 

If you're not getting visitors, all the ideas mentioned in the other posts make sense. You need to learn to take every opportunity to add a link to your website, wherever you can.  I notice you don't even have a hyperlink on your Hub profile, or in your Hubs - obvious places to put it!  As long as you have only one link to your site in a Hub, you're in no danger of being considered overly promotional. 

The more links there are to your site, the better Google likes it.

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

At the end of some of my own hubs, I ask people to *let me know* their thoughts or experiences. maybe give that a try? smile

3. Junkster profile image60
    Junksterposted 7 years ago

Yeah Dame Scribe is right, also if you're writing about sometihng which has a defined audience then maybe try looking at similar sites/blogs and seeing what is popular with readers?

I had to do that with mobile phones and tech stuff with my site.  In my case personal reviews of new stuff was really popular with visitors and they even ask your advice in comments. 

Keep at it, oyu never know people may be visiting your site alot but are just waiting for that right article to send their views about.

4. bogleg20 profile image59
    bogleg20posted 7 years ago

What kind of blog CMS are you using?  If you use Wordpress, adding a plugin like KeywordLuv or the Top Commenters plugin can really encourage lots of comments on your site.

5. britneydavidson profile image60
    britneydavidsonposted 7 years ago

well you can search on internet there are so many information available on net,you have to keep updating your blog everyday.you have to give back links to your blog through comments...try it...
    will work

6. johnpol78 profile image60
    johnpol78posted 7 years ago

Try commenting on others blog as a seo perspective it is called blog commenting you can take this on.. hope it works.. other than that try using forums and place the blog link as your signature and as one of our friends said ask to share their views about what ever you place on forum and blog. Try some bookmarking and blog directory submission ...

And after all this why not you share your feedback on my hub