jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

How do you make a Folder in your Hotmail email account?

1. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image86
    Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 4 years ago

I have over 1200 unread messages in my Hotmail account.  Whenever it gets to 1500 or so, I start deleting, but there are those messages (ones I've read) that I want to keep.  Finally, I realized it is time I learn how to create a folder so I can get better organized.  So tonight I figured out how to open a new folder.  Then I dragged and dropped some emails into my newly named folder.  Then I made other folders, named them, and dropped the corresponding emails into them.  I did this with about 30 emails.  Each time I dropped one into a 'folder' the email disappeared from my Inbox like it should have.

Next, I decided to look inside one of my folders.  There is nothing there!  I looked inside another one.  There are no emails in there either.  Is there something inside the newly made folders I'm not clicking on or opening correctly?  Where did the emails go?  Or -- could anyone tell me the steps to making a new folder work correctly?

I'm glad there is this thread on the forums.  I hope someone might help me. Thank you so much.

2. atechwiz profile image82
    atechwizposted 4 years ago

Hello Pamela,
         Are you using a mail client to check your hotmail account or are you going to www.hotmail.com?  I did this recently myself with the web based version (www.hotmail.com) and did not have the problems you describe.  Have you checked your trash or searched for one of the missing email to see if they can be located?

1. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image86
      Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure what a mail client is.  I'm a little behind the times, I know.  I'll check the trash.  Thanks.

1. atechwiz profile image82
        atechwizposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, I should have been more clear.  By mail client I mean an external program that you may use to check your email.  Microsoft Outlook would be an example except it can be confusing now because when you go to hotmail.com and login it also calls itself outlook now.  Basically, if you are going to hotmail.com then you are not using a mail client.

working