jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Annoying New Hotmail Format

1. janshares profile image90
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

Is anyone else through with this new hotmail/outlook format that stacks all email replies on same subject all together? It makes it hard to find a particular email and makes you inadvertently delete the original which you may need to refer back to or forward. It's getting on my last nerve. Anyone else?

1. Stacie L profile image86
      Stacie Lposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, i tried the free outlook for a week and could stand it. Now I went back to hotmail and it has the same message stacking,which is confusing.

jansharesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I tried that outlook, too. Horrible!

2. Superkev profile image87
    Superkevposted 4 years ago

Have you tried the Thunderbird Email client? You might want to give it a look, I've been using it for years, although I use Gmail and not Hotmail (I thought they had retired Hotmail)

Will consider. I think Hotmail is on its way out. I hate to start all over with new folders and address book.

3. atechwiz profile image82
    atechwizposted 4 years ago

If you are talking about the web based (going to Hotmail.com for example) you can change that setting by clicking on the little gear in the blue bar near the right top next to your name.  Then go to More mail settings.  On the next screen, under Reading email, click on Group by conversation and pre-load messages.  Next simply check the button to show messages individually and save the changes.  Does that not fix the issue you are referring to?  Gmail does this as well by default.

Thank you very much, atechwiz. It's back to the way I like it now. It took me a minute because I had to switch it back to Outlook before I could access the page you referred to. You really are a tech wiz smile May I call on you again sometime?

1. atechwiz profile image82
        atechwizposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Glad I could help.  Feel free to call on me anytime.

working