jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Applications on Ipad v/s Android based devices

1. 61
    jiteshmehta2013posted 3 years ago

Gone are the days when needed to depend only on the Android devices for free applications. The amount of free applications that Ipad is making available free for the users is far more than what it used to. People switched from Ipad and opted for Anroid based devices basis the fact that Android makes the application but it seems Apple had gauged the growing competition and started reacting positively.

What is challenging is making people use the applications by allowing them to update them free rather than charging for the same. Users will actually appreciate if they are allowed atleast 1 update free in all applications and then they are charged for the same.

I guess Ipad shud start the same to capture the mindshare of Android based devices lovers.

2. Greekgeek profile image98
    Greekgeekposted 3 years ago

Uh...lots of my iPad apps are free, and this has been true since I first bought an iPad 2.

This includes tools like a simple spreadsheet, a word processor and graphics apps.

Are free apps really the reason people get Android phones? Maybe the problem is just that the iTunes app store has a lousy search interface, making it harder to find all the free apps?

1. 61
      jiteshmehta2013posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Dear Greekgeek,
      im from India and in India there is a growing excitement of purchasing Android based phones only bcos the applications are free and people get to downlad games etc for their kids who enjoy the same free of cost.
      Free apps is definitely the reason  for growing Sales of Android Based phone like Samsung Galaxy series in the world espcially India

3. seasonalreviewer profile image61
    seasonalreviewerposted 3 years ago

iPad has a much larger and more unique developer class. Most Android tablet apps are poor and the best ones came first on iOS.

In my view, revenue is what drags developers to a platform. The iPad & iPad Mini control a toasty 70% of the tablet market, so developers will always produce top quality apps for that platform, until something changes.