jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Apple Vs. Android

1. ShaydeShaffer profile image61
    ShaydeShafferposted 3 years ago

I currently have an iPhone 4, and I previously owned an iPhone 3GS. I chose them because I heard they were wicked sturdy, and I heard correctly. But I'm really starting to wonder if Apple products are really worth the money when I have had many problems with my boyfriend's phone crashing, and my phone not being able to pick up wifi where I know there is wifi available. So, the ultimate technology question is the one I am asking - which is better, Apple iPhone or Android phones?

1. Geopeter profile image76
      Geopeterposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I have both and it seems to me that they hung up in high temperatures and corrupt software programs.

2. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I've had an iphone for a few months now.   It was a refurbished one, whether that matters or not I dunno.   I'm having problems with it now-----it has static when I call someone; they can't even hear me unless I put it on speakerphone.   Guess I'm gonna have to have it replaced with a new one,  glad it's under warranty.
      But my brother recently had the same problem with a Blackberry phone.
      So I dunno if either one is better than the other..........
      Technology, when it works well, is great.   When it doesn't, it makes me want to go back to the old days when things actually were durable and things were well-tested before being put on the market.

3. bBerean profile image60
      bBereanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note and my wife has a Samsung Galaxy S3.  We have had them for a year or so, (whenever the 1st Galaxy note came out), and love them.  They have been bulletproof, (yes, we've dropped them), and Android has worked great.  We use them for email, games, GPS map and directions.  I even post here in the forums on mine sometimes.  Camera and video are good, and I love drawing on my note.  It has a built in stylus, plus I purchased one that is the size of a regular pen.

2. seasonalreviewer profile image60
    seasonalreviewerposted 3 years ago

Depends what you are looking for, you seem to not be bothered about the newest versions of smartphones, so there are plenty of mid-range Android smartphones that better current offerings for the iPhone 4S.

I'd recommend: Nexus 4, HTC One S and Galaxy S3, if you are going to buy into Android.

3. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 3 years ago

I love my HTC Amaze 4G.  I love the features and I've never had a problem with it. It goes with me everywhere and is easy to hold, durable. I love the easy voice search and camera/video.

1. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 3 years ago

I just now figured out how to make the icons on my iphone jiggle so I can rearrange them.
      It had happened before, like when I had handled the phone but wasn't even trying to do anything with it.
      (Yeah, I'm dumb about phones, but in my defense there was no comprehensive manual that came with it;  maybe because it's a refurbished phone...)