jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Pingomatic

1. the clean life profile image75
    the clean lifeposted 3 years ago

Can everyone me if we are aloud to post our hubs on Pingomatic. I have done so with my blog post but not HP and I didn't want to do something that was not aloud by Hubpages

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Pinging content basically just tells search engines to come and crawl it. There's no reason you can't do it with hubs.

However, Hubpages gets crawled pretty regularly by Google so you don't really need to.

the clean lifeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

WryLilt- Thank you for this info. I have tried it but I really don't see much difference in traffic

1. WryLilt profile image87
          WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Pinging isn't about getting traffic. It's about letting Google and other search engines know that they should crawl (and hopefully index) your content. Even if you don't ping, Google will usually crawl a hub within a day or so anyway, and most decent websites within a couple of days.

Indexing doesn't do anything if you have content with keywords or content that:
          1. Is in a saturated topic (Like weight loss).
          2. Is something no one is Googling (purple pigeon poop).

the clean lifeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank  you so much. You have some great knowledge and I thank you for sharing smile

2. Parallels profile image83
            Parallelsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Purple pigeon poop? New keyword to dominate! wink

To be a little uh, more on topic...I ping all my hubs when I make them. Maybe it's silly, but it doesn't take more than 5 seconds so why not.

working