jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

Are you cautious where you posts links to your hubs or site?

1. NateB11 profile image92
    NateB11posted 3 years ago

I've begun participating in another revenue-sharing site. There are some legitimate writers there, but there's quite a few questionable practices by members; by this I mean much of what is posted  looks like copied content and I know the place is notorious for attracting schemers and spammers. Anyway, it's a bit like I walked into the bad district. So, someone comments on one of my posts over there, she has all signs of being honest and legitimate; she says she likes my writing and wants to see my other work. I'm hesitant as can be about this: I mean, on a site with a lot of people who copy content and use other scams, I'm worried about posting any links to my other content. Is this a legitimate concern that I have? Because my other thought is, How do I get exposure to my work if I'm scared of posting links for people who are honestly interested in my content? Any feedback is appreciated.

1. coleikerd profile image79
      coleikerdposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I understand your hesitation. Having your efforts abused by others is frustrating to say the least. The way I look at it is like this:

To put my work into a public forum is risking it. If I am posting anything online, I am risking it even further. It's just so much easier to steal. I do my best to keep my work protected, if I can verify the dates I post things, that at least leaves me with a way to say I did it first. 

But above all, I get it out there. No one will see it if it's not published.

1. 0
        2bealiveposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Reality Bytes has the right idea. I do a lot with my Forex site and I've joined a number of good Forex trading forums.  It doesn't take long to spot the spammers and phony posts, and lousy forums too.  And, it's also a good place to pickup some ideas.  You can find just about any niche form by doing a 'google'  -->  ie:  forums: forex 

Luck to you
        RT.. (2bealive)

NateB11posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I will definitely have to check out Forex. Thanks for the lead.

2. NateB11 profile image92

Yes, I definitely see your point that a person still has to get their content out there, that's the point of putting it on the Internet.

2. Reality Bytes profile image94
      Reality Bytesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Find forums related to your niche (martial arts), become an active part of the community.  When you are involved in a thread, and you have a hub that is relevant to the conversation, post a comment with a link.  The important thing when doing this is not to spam the forums, make sure your comment and links are relevant.  Do not post a link in every comment, like I said, become active in the community.

Here is one forum that may work for you. 

I do this, I may post one link every two to three months, but I am active almost daily.  Not this particular forum of course.  smile If you are providing value to the forum, they probably will not mind.   I do this on several platforms.  I receive random traffic from threads that are years old.  I also receive shares this way.

Very good approach and thanks for that link, I will definitely check out that forum. It seems I could join discussions there, it's a subject I'm familiar with.