jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

Yahoo and Linkedin

1. SimeyC profile image89
    SimeyCposted 4 years ago

Yahoo seem to be getting better and have seen an increase of traffic since the new 'boss' came in! Now they've purchases Linkedin - how is this going to change the online world of search? Will Yahoo become a more business oriented search engine?

How can I as a writer leverage this link-up! Out of all the social sites Linkedin seems the hardest to break into in terms of article marketing...anyone using Linkedin successfully? Any thoughts on this purchase?

2. lobobrandon profile image82
    lobobrandonposted 4 years ago

Hmm I heard they were eyeing tumblr. Not sure about LinkedIn any link?

3. Caleb Melvern profile image89
    Caleb Melvernposted 4 years ago

Yahoo purchased LinkedIn? Not sure about that but if they did, I doubt Yahoo would "become a more business oriented search engine." Yahoo has been on a buying spree, acquiring several small companies, including that $30-M app created by a 17-year old. Recently, they bought Tumblr for $1.1B. I think Mayer plans to align these acquisitions and improve user experience, which was her specialty when she was still working for Google. As for Yahoo's search engine, we can only wait and see if there will be significant changes.

4. SimeyC profile image89
    SimeyCposted 4 years ago

DOH - Tumblr - yep - brain fart today! sorry!

1. lobobrandon profile image82
      lobobrandonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Haha ok

5. relache profile image85
    relacheposted 4 years ago

Yahoo has agreed to purchase Tumblr, but the sale won't actually happen until the second half of the year.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/2 … ire-Tumblr

"Tumblr is redefining creative expression online,” said Yahoo! CEO Marissa Mayer. “On many levels, Tumblr and Yahoo! couldn’t be more different, but, at the same time, they couldn’t be more complementary. Yahoo is the Internet’s original media network. Tumblr is the Internet’s fastest-growing media frenzy. Both companies are homes for brands - established and emerging. And, fundamentally, Tumblr and Yahoo! are both all about users, design, and finding surprise and inspiration amidst the everyday.”

6. ossmedia profile image61
    ossmediaposted 4 years ago

As per news Yahoo buying Tumblr for $1.1 billion, vows not to screw it up
    http://in.finance.yahoo.com/news/yahoo- … 42042.html

7. Kangaroo_Jase profile image82
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 4 years ago

I wonder if they will change their name to - Yumblhoo?

1. ossmedia profile image61
      ossmediaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Good stuff.

1. SimeyC profile image89
        SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I heard it was Yatumboo....or Tumhoo

1. ossmedia profile image61
          ossmediaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well lets see when tumblr and yahoo got merged. What name they would take ?

8. chrissieklinger profile image88
    chrissieklingerposted 4 years ago

As for marketing articles on LinkedIn....if you join the right groups you can have success there. As for the merger of Tumblr and Yahoo! I don't think it will do much for anyone.

working