jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Search Engine Results Page - Is the second page okay for traffic?

1. NateB11 profile image92
    NateB11posted 3 years ago

When your article/page is on the first page of search engine results, it's good. Probably you'll get a lot of traffic. What if your work ends up on the second page? Do you still get a lot of traffic? What about 3rd page?

1. Susana S profile image93
      Susana Sposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It will depend on the search query (with some queries searchers will be more inclined to look at a lot of results), but in general you won't get much traffic if you're listed on page 2. See the image I posted here: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/113356? … ost2412577

That doesn't mean page 2 or 3 is bad though - not to start with. Over time (and I mean months) your page should go up in the SERP's if searchers like your page and the competing websites are not that strong.  Of course there are many other variables, such as incoming links, social media popularity etc, but those are the main ones.

1. NateB11 profile image92
        NateB11posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, Susana, that definitely clarifies and makes a lot of sense. It especially rung very true that it takes time for a page to go up in SERP's.

Edit: I just took a look at that screen capture on the forum you linked here: Very instructive, looks like position on SERP definitely can have a bearing on traffic. Good to know.

1. Susana S profile image93
          Susana Sposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome smile

working