jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Which Blog Topic Sounds Better?

1. TheRaptorClaw profile image60
    TheRaptorClawposted 3 years ago

I want to start a blog so I can write. I like to write in my free time but I want to write something that people would find useful, I can constantly blog about, and that a lot of people will view. That being said, I have come down to 2 ideas.

1. A Q&A blog where people ask me questions and ones that get asked a lot I answer or something like this.
    2. A news opinion blog where I blog about trending news and encourage people to leave their thoughts and opinions.

Which topic do you think sounds better, I can update constantly and that people will find helpful and/or interesting and will get people to keep viewing it?

1. Will Apse profile image91
      Will Apseposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If you just like helping people and don't care too much about the money you could try Wikihow.

This is a page with some of the questions asked that need answering:

As to visitor numbers this search string gives you an idea of how many visitors their pages get:

site:wikihow.com site:wikihow.com  "read 20000...9999999 times"

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You'll find that when you start a blog, visitors are thin on the ground at first.  You'll get very few visitors until you've built up a good amount of content.  So if you're relying on visitors to create your content, it will be a very slow business indeed.

People who set up Q&A sites or forums usually have to spend months creating fake questions and answers, so it looks like there's activity on the site!

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 3 years ago

Trending topics are hard to compete for and lose, don't gain, traffic in the long run.

3. 61
    lavernamaconposted 3 years ago

Latest topics sound better

4. 0
    mbuggiehposted 3 years ago

Blog about what interests you; what matters to you and will over the long-run.

5. NCHammerhead profile image80
    NCHammerheadposted 3 years ago

if you are going to choose one of the two, I would recommend the "current events" topic, but if you do, be sure to put your own personal spin on it to make it interesting to your readers. After all, if they just want current event headlines, they're probably just going to go to cnn.com.

For example, I have a blog where I post recent quotes made by politicians. In hopes of making it more interesting, I make sure that every quote has a high quality photo of the person (the quirkier the photo, the better) and then I also include a comment from myself, either witty or snarky or sometimtes serious.