jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Thoughts on Microsoft Essentials?

1. epbooks profile image85
    epbooksposted 3 years ago

I have been using Norton Antivirus for  years and never had any issues, however, from what I've heard, Microsoft Essentials offers the same protection for free.  Does anyone have experience with this software and what is your opinion on it?  Also, does it slow your computer down as much as Norton seems to?

1. profile image0
      sheilamyersposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Never heard of it. Everyone I talk to has their favorite and will have bad things to say about all of the others. I still use McAfee. I'm going to follow this and if I hear enough good about MS Essentials, I'll check it out.

2. epbooks profile image85
    epbooksposted 3 years ago

It's true- everyone has their own favorite.  Some people hate Norton, but I've been really lucky with it. I just hate how it slows down the computer so much...and of course, that you have to pay for it! smile

3. bravewarrior profile image94
    bravewarriorposted 3 years ago

I used to use Norton but it caused problems.  I use McAfee now and have had no problems at all.  I'm not familiar with Microsoft Essentials.

1. epbooks profile image85
      epbooksposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I haven't used it either in a home environment, but I might switch over in the future.  Thanks for reading and commenting!

working