jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Facebook Page for My Hubpages Account

1. 0
    Ben Blackwellposted 3 years ago

I have created a Facebook page for my Hubpages page about a month ago.  Now, I have 71 followers, but the nature of those followers is different than here.  For a few weeks now, I have been posting an image, usually with a quote on it, with a short description and a link to the corresponding hub, something I have seen other pages do.  I have created many images yesterday and today and scheduled one a day at 5:00 pm from now until September 14.  If you look at my profile, you will see a link to my Facebook page.  Do you guys have any suggestions for me to improve upon this plan?

Ben Blackwell

1. agilitymach profile image100
      agilitymachposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I, too, use a FB fan page, and most of my views come from there.  I find that my particular niche traffic is best early in the week, so I post on Monday or Tuesday.

I also find that posting in the morning or late at night isn't as helpful.  Most FB users log on once a day or so, usually after work, in the afternoon or in the evening.  By posting early morning or late night, my post will get lost at the bottom of their newsfeed.

I, personally, found that 5 p.m. lost me some of the afternoon viewers - retirees or people browsing during work hours.

Play with your timing and see when your audience is most likely on-line.  Using Google Analytics "real time" overview will really help you see how quickly your readers "latch on" to your posts.

For FB, I don't use "made for Pinterest" images, but instead use text to describe each of my articles.  This fits my niche better, I believe.  Photos may best fit your niche however.

I just posted a new article, and I have been watching the numbers pour in on GA's real time overview.  It's fun to see an article "take off," and to know you hit the right time to publish it.  If you'd like to see my FB fanpage, I believe you can access it off of the FB link on my profile page.

1. agilitymach profile image100
        agilitymachposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I just visited your FB fan page, and thought it looked intriguing.  You've obviously put some time into it, and you're getting feedback and comments.  That's all great!!!

I also thought your images with text on them fit what and how you write well.

2. 0
        Ben Blackwellposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The page does look good.  I'll also take your advice and look into changing the times around.  Thanks.