jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Creating a Program, Need Ideas

1. 0
    Ben Blackwellposted 2 years ago

Hello guys.  I want to practice my skills with Visual Basic, a program that allows you to create windows forms (as opposed to games).  I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on any forms or utilities that would be useful.  I don't want to create something that already exists.  I was thinking about doing a graphing calculator, but it would take me a while to learn how to do that, so I'll put that in the back of my mind for now.  If anyone else has any other ideas, let me know.

Ben Blackwell

1. tsadjatko profile image87
      tsadjatkoposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You mean like this site does? http://www.wufoo.com/

1. 0
        Ben Blackwellposted 2 years ago in reply to this

No, I mean like a Windows program.  Something that will do a calculation, manipulate a string, or do some other work of some sort.

1. Cardisa profile image90
          Cardisaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Excel already does that but you could create an app that could be used by not only computers other devises as well. What I would do is some research and see what improvements can be done to the best one out there. Is there a feature which is missing or something? Then you go from there. Also, think about the ease of use of what's already out there and how you can make yours better.

2. RonElFran profile image97
    RonElFranposted 2 years ago

I can't suggest a form for you to create, but I do have a comment. I have done a great deal of programming in VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) which is built into MS Word, Excel, etc. I also do tons in Delphi, which is the same idea as VB. All my apps and forms grow out of needs I have myself, and I think that's the best source of ideas. What, in your daily use of your computer, would you like to see automated or made quicker and easier? If you need it, probably many others do, too. That, for what it's worth, is my suggestion.