jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Does it matter where you put the privacy policy for your website?

1. NateB11 profile image94
    NateB11posted 2 years ago

On one of my sites, I put a privacy policy on it, like you're supposed to do, and I have a link to it at the footer, like most people do. However, on my site, links to pages run along the top of the site too, and since my privacy policy is a page on my site, there is a link to it up there at the top of the page too. To me, this seems alright, but I notice it's not standard practice. Most sites just have a link to the privacy policy at the footer. Is there any disadvantages/detriment to having a link to the privacy policy at the top of the page with the links to the other pages? And is it a problem to have a link to it both at the footer and at the top with the links to other pages?

I don't know how to get rid of the link at the top. I think it might be an issue I'd have to take up with the company I bought my theme from. Though, if anyone knows how to get rid of it, I'd appreciate help there too.

2. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

The main reason people do not put it at the top is because the deem other more important things should go above the fold.  But there is no real reason not to.

3. Sinbadsailorman profile image56
    Sinbadsailormanposted 2 years ago

Sounds like it is built into the theme. But If they allow you to change the theme you can Have it removed with HTML or ccs editing I believe.

I would have you  see if you have a sidebar option and remove the link on the footer and place it as a text link in your side bar or on the static home page; as it doesn't change. The link will not be on every page or post as it is now. But It doesn't need to be.

I have mine in the opt in boxes on my websites and in the tabs at the top of my blogs at Blogger which lead back to my contact page were the privacy police and affiliate disclaimer is on my website.

1. NateB11 profile image94
      NateB11posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I do have a side bar option and I've considered that.  Also I have been able to add css code that I got from the theme company about a different issue, that's another option that you mentioned, I might do that.