jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

guys i really need your help please.!

1. 61
    patrickwajeposted 7 years ago

i have here an ipod video wherein, it was left unused for about a month. then as i tried to open and try turn it on, it wont. so i tried to charge it,for about 2 minutes, it suddenly tells that it is full charge so i guess it's finish. then as i took it off from the plug, it turned off and i doesnt respond to any troubleshoot. guys help me out on this, please suggest something!

1. WHoArtNow profile image85
      WHoArtNowposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Call Apple

2. ngureco profile image87
      ngurecoposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If the ipod video has been left uncharged for one month and will only accept charge for only two minutes, then check the batteries, check the charger (connect the charger direct to the mains and not onto extension cables such as fridge guards' socket). If not, check with those who sold it to you or call the manufacturers.

And yes, "Need help" means "HubPages" help. You should have posted this in "Technology: - Apple, microsoft, google, online and gadgets".

3. premsingh profile image60
      premsinghposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You've to replace the battery.It's not retaining the charge. I am sure it will work after replacement of battery. Best of luck.

2. Rik Ravado profile image92
    Rik Ravadoposted 7 years ago

This is not the place for Ipod fixes.  Need help means HubPage help - type your problem into Google and you'll get an answer from Apple forums

3. johnb0127 profile image76
    johnb0127posted 7 years ago

Keep it plugged in for longer that just 2 minutes, lol.  I have an Ipod just like yours, and mine did just what yours did.  Plug it in for a while and try it.  Hope that helps!

1. accofranco profile image78
      accofrancoposted 7 years ago in reply to this

after trying what john just told u,charging it longer than 2 mins,and it doesnt work,plz check your charger and may be charging port,may be they aren't sending enough charge into the battery.And if you try this,it persist,consult your local electrician before deciding to buy a new battery or an iPod entirely.Good luck.Better still search on google for more help.

4. Junkster profile image62
    Junksterposted 7 years ago

Well video iPods are around about the 2-3 year mark so like with all iPods I've owned it's probably reached the end of it's life.  (I swear they're designed to give up the ghost after two years!)

But in all seriousness it sounds like the battery isn't working properly anymore, probably just stuck at being dead now, luckiyl video/photo iPods are fairly simple to pop open and replace the battery with one off ebay.

I should know, I've had to do it to 3 iPods in my time! One photo, one video and one mini.

5. johnb0127 profile image76
    johnb0127posted 7 years ago

Actually, my ipod did the EXACT same thing his is doing.  Did yours?  I told him what to do and I hope it works.  It worked for me, so it should work for him.