jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

What is the deal with Bubblews?

1. 0
    Lybrahposted 2 years ago

I don't know if this post is in the right category room, but I want to write about Bubblews and don't know where to put it.  Anyway, what is the deal?  It seems like the site is constantly offline.  Constant error!  It seems like it's getting worse---what is going on with the site?  I try to submit posts and I can't!  Anyone else notice?

1. calculus-geometry profile image86
      calculus-geometryposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Server overloaded with people writing about pocket lint.

1. 0
        Lybrahposted 2 years ago in reply to this

1. barbat79 profile image75
          barbat79posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Ditto   I got my greatest laugh out of this day so far from this comment!  Thanks!

2. starme77 profile image85
        starme77posted 2 years ago in reply to this

hahahahahaha freaking hahaha thats funny smile smile smile

2. 0
      Jane Ardenposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I have lost all faith in it. I have had about 4 payouts which is good, but this last redemption I got Zilch.....and its always down. Maybe the bubble has burst.

1. starme77 profile image85
        starme77posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I found you have to spend wayyyy to much time there to make money, and some things there are just , like not even good writing

1. 0
          Jane Ardenposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I know what you mean. Although Im still there LOL

2. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

Funny you mention the constant outages. I haven't been active on Bubblews since late last year but earlier this week, on a whim I decided to drop in just to see if my account was even still active. (I'm told that they occasionally purge inactive accounts.)

My account was still there but I'd only been logged in for a few minutes before the site went offline ...haha. I guess not much has changed since I've been away.

3. brendonthomas profile image78
    brendonthomasposted 2 years ago

Its been happening whole week now. Maybe the inevitable is about to happen...

4. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

I have never had issue with payment but once the minimum was raised to $50 I post very little now.  The site, 2 years later, is down more than it is up working which is another pain.

5. Lisa HW profile image84
    Lisa HWposted 2 years ago

They do seem to be "offline" pretty often these days, but they say they're doing a whole, big, site "overhaul type of thing" in July.  What I've essentially made up in my head about why it keeps going offline is that maybe (besides the lint thing) it's a case of their living and learning (and maybe figuring out ways to accommodate some of what they may not have planned for the site?

......or else - yes, maybe they're going out of business.   

I don't have a problem with the minimum, although I also haven't tried to turn being a Bubblews contributor into a full-time income either.

It's all fine.   I've been - like -  5.00 and later 2.00 and less away from the minimum for (I think) a few/ couple of weeks now.  In fact, I think I'm now less than a dollar away.  I just couldn't be bothered doing a few more things to push it over (for reasons unrelated to the site at all).

In spite of my apparent inactivity on there I've been going there and looking for stuff to read (and I've been reading a lot of stuff), which is why I know how often the site is down these days.   I'm just not always in the mood to both read AND get involved with "liking" and commenting.  I'll go back and "like" stuff I've already read if/when I get back in the mood.   If the bugs are ironed out it will be less of a "strain" to get involved with stuff like dealing with notifications, "liking", etc.

I went there thinking that since they're said to be a "social" site they might replace some of the quickie socializing I used to do on the forums here (before so many people left).  But, since Bubblews didn't turn out to serve that purpose I just did the next thing on there (which is essentially "whatever"      big_smile)