jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

iOS 8.0 is here!

1. Jacqueline4390 profile image87
    Jacqueline4390posted 2 years ago

Today is the day for those of us with IPads and IPhones!  If you are just now trying to update your devices; you are in for a "rocky road." There are millions of users trying to do the same thing. I remember the nightmare from iOS 7. Luckily, I am an early riser and had no problem uploading to the new operating system. I haven't given it a "test drive" yet ... but I'm told that it's Da Bomb! :-)

Jacqueline4390posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I have been an advent user of the IPad since it came out in 2010 and my jaws dropped 3". The ease of use and in my case a zero learning curb. It was like meeting an old friend. My son gave it to me as a gift and since his original is having issues (got accidentally ran over) I have given it back to him. I have an IPad 2 and the Mini IPad now. I'm waiting until tomorrow to update the Mini.

I'd like to know some of your reactions regarding this newest update.

2. amuno profile image87
    amunoposted 2 years ago

Restored my iPhone to IOS 8 on the 17th and must agree it is fine enough apart from a few crashes: Hubpages app for one is not working. IOS 8 still builds on IOS 7 save for feature additions here and there. It is more like Easter eggs hidden allover the operating system and you collide with them as you go along. I love the Battery Usage feature, for it allows me to smoke out offenders. Sadly though, the Home and Lock screen is the biggest culprit. Can't get rid of it.

My main concern is my applications in the cloud may not work with the new OS. I have a lot of apps I've bought since 2010 and a few didn't work with iOS 7. Now with 8 well, I may have to search for new games. Bummer because I love playing games!

3. DealForALiving profile image82
    DealForALivingposted 2 years ago

Looks like it closes the gap with Android features significantly. Haven't updated my IOS device yet but will probably get to it over the weekend.

I had both a Acer and Toshiba Tablets and they just didn't have enough of the quality games that I liked. I am sticking with my IPad even though my smartphone is not an IPhone. I just like the way it's setup and so very easy for me to use.

working