jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Massive disappearance of Facebook Likes on Webpage

1. Cat333 profile image82
    Cat333posted 2 years ago

I recently created a website using WIX about Creator Day on October 18 (a day for Christians to unite in glorifying our Creator, appreciating the creation, and taking a united stand regarding our continued belief in the Lord of the universe in this unbelieving day that attempts to deny the Creator). After some promotion, it had gotten 1140 Facebook likes. Suddenly 1110 likes disappeared, leaving only 30. I read that Facebook was making changes that caused some "likes" to be lost, and the WIX site instructed that Facebook be contacted. But would it really cause ALMOST ALL the likes to be lost? Or can a hacker do this? Facebook didn't respond when I contacted them, so I'm still in the dark. Has anyone else had similar experiences, heard anything, or have any advice? Does it sound more like a Facebook problem, a WIX / website problem, or a hacker problem?

1. Sed-me profile image81
      Sed-meposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It sounds like a glitch, they might actually reappear. It also sounds like FB reps aren't doing much responding to the issue.

https://www.facebook.com/help/community … 9628265428

Cat333posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Sed-me, that would be great if they reappeared! And thanks for the link.

1. Sed-me profile image81
          Sed-meposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Welcome. smile

2. ijdmtoy profile image48
      ijdmtoyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Your URL must have changed.

For example, previously it is domain.com, now it is domain.com/default.asp

Even though they both landed to the same page, but the URLs are different.

Cat333posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. It would show as a different address then? I went back and checked and it is still http://www.creatorday.com/

working