jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Ipad or Android: Which do YOU prefer?

1. Jacqueline4390 profile image89
    Jacqueline4390posted 23 months ago

I have own an Ipad, an Ipad 2, a mini Ipad, an Acer and a Toshiba. As for ease of use and variety of apps; I found the Ipad is my preference. However, when looking at affordability … there was a lot to be said for my Acer and Toshiba.  I’ve not test driven the Kindle or Nook but I’ve heard positive comments.

Which do YOU prefer?

1. Don Bobbitt profile image92
      Don Bobbittposted 23 months ago in reply to this

I call myself a writer, and seeing as I am managing 5 Blogs, 3 on Blogger and 2 on Wordpress, and have 7 books published on Amazon that I am trying to market myself, I need to have flexibility regardless of where I might be.
      So, I have migrated to being a full-fledged APPLE person.
      I have a MacPro for at home, an iPad for mobility (Patio, Beach, when I take my wife shopping, etc.) and I just upgraded to the iPhone6.

OK, that sounds like bragging, but NO!
      I need the flexibility of having EVERYTHING I am working on whether it is creative writing, or research, or selling my books, at my fingertips.
      And, using the Cloud I have that need for control right at my fingertips. For instance, I can have an idea for a Hub and jot a simple "backbone" on my iPhone. Later, I can pull it up on my iPad when I have a sort period of time to work, and I can put some "flesh" on those bones.
      Then, as some point, If I still think the idea is worth my time, I will actually, work on it and then turn it into something worthy of publishing on my MacPro.

As to the others? I have purchased Kindles for my grandkids. It seems suited for them and their desire for games and mail, but after that, it falls short of being a real writers tool. And honestly? From what I see with friends that have Droid tablets, they seem to run into limitations that frustrate them that I don't have with an iPad.
      I know it is still a preference thing, really, and the Droid tablets have to be priced significantly lower than the iPad to steal their piece of the market.
      But. I NEED my very flexible writing and web power, so I am an Apple guy.

Jacqueline4390posted 23 months ago in reply to this

Hi Don ... why not toot your own horn once in awhile. That IS quite an accomplishment to be proud of. I enjoy technology also however I have mostly PCs. I do enjoy the flexibility of tables and laptops and I find my Ipad is so convenient that I can take it anywhere and just hold it with one hand. It's also extremely easy to use and for me there was no learning curve at all.

Are there any Android users out there who enjoy their tablets more?

2. ijdmtoy profile image56
      ijdmtoyposted 23 months ago in reply to this

I use Android because it works better with all the Big-G applications...

Jacqueline4390posted 23 months ago in reply to this

What are Big G application, please?