jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

This is an affiliate link, a paid link, or a link to untrusted content

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago

Here's the situation...

I'm busily creating a new hub under a new subdomain. The problem is the hub literally has dozens of .gov links, but naturally the new subdomain has a profile score of less than 85.

When I publish this hub, is HP really going to tell Google that this hub is infested with affiliate links, paid links, and links to untrusted content; when, in fact, each and every one of those links is to a .gov website?

I don't know what to do here...

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image92
      Anna Marie Bowmanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I don't know...I don't consider the government trustworthy. Why should HP? Or Google??

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
        paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I never thought of that. lol

I do hope this particular glitch gets fixed though, especially since I think this hub may have some earnings potential.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

If you have trouble publishing, just email team@hubpages and we'll manually review the Hub and clear any flags if it looks like the links are fine.

3. The Examiner-1 profile image83
      The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Do they end in .org or start with http://? They are usually the best ones to trust..
      Another thing is that I believe that Google is able to see by itself the links without HP's help.
      The important factor is whether the links are to a legitimate site and if there are too many links.

4. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

So what's happening, are you getting some kind of message from HP about it?   

If not, then it's up to you how each link is classified - if you tick the box saying it's an affiliate link, paid link etc, or not.

Even if you tick the box, HP doesn't tell Google it's an untrusted link.  It just makes the link no follow so that Google pretends it doesn't exist.

working