jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (25 posts)

Recommended web hosting.

1. dwelburn profile image96
    dwelburnposted 2 years ago

I'm planning on starting a website in the New Year but don't know which hosting company to go with. Hostgator is often recommended but I just read that FutureQuest is really good. Which hosting company do you use for your website and is there a particular company that you recommend? Thanks.

2. OldRoses profile image88
    OldRosesposted 2 years ago

I use Hostgator.  They are fantastic.  So helpful.  Their customer service is superb.  I've learned a lot about running a website from them.

3. NateB11 profile image93
    NateB11posted 2 years ago

I second the recommendation for Hostgator. Truly great customer service, you can get things resolved and figured out right there on chat; and they've always helped with every problem I've had.

4. Lee Hansen profile image73
    Lee Hansenposted 2 years ago

I've used Bravenet for nearly 20 years. Like them very much. I have two sites at GoDaddy but am not really thrilled with their server performance and their heavy selling attempts.

5. dwelburn profile image96
    dwelburnposted 2 years ago

Thanks guys. I've heard good things about Hostgator elsewhere. Never heard of Bravenet Lee, but I'll check them out first. I've heard negative things about GoDaddy elsewhere too.

1. Writer Fox profile image77
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I use ipage.com.  It's the best and has the highest ratings for user satisfaction.

dwelburnposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Writer Fox. They do look good. I presume if I want a Wordpress blog I'll need the WP Essential plan rather than the Essential plan and then adding wordpress to it? Can you have multiple websites on the one package? Thanks again.

6. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 2 years ago

I don't even know what a host is.

I use Weebly.

Yep; thanks Mark. I'm sure Weebly is fine, but I decided I want my own self-hosted blog so am looking for a web host.

7. Dressage Husband profile image78
    Dressage Husbandposted 2 years ago

I use Hostgator and they are really good.

Hostgator get a lot of favorable comments don't they? Though I have heard they are not as good as they used to be since they moved to Utah.

8. Snakesmum profile image88
    Snakesmumposted 2 years ago

Currently, I'm using JustHost.   Have used GoDaddy, but moved as I found them unsuitable .

JustHost have been helpful when I've needed tech. help.

GoDaddy is not looking good, but I'll check out JustHost. Thanks Snakesmum

9. lisavollrath profile image89
    lisavollrathposted 2 years ago

I've been using LinkSky forever. The price is right, and their support has been pretty great on the rare occasions I've needed it.

Not heard of LinkSky either. Another one to check out smile

10. Dale Hyde profile image85
    Dale Hydeposted 2 years ago

I have used Bravenet for well over 10 years for six websites.  Works well and never no major issues.  Should an issue arise, a ticket is responded to within minutes.

Thanks for the Bravenet recommendation Dale. I had a look at them; seems one to consider.

11. oppstipsresources profile image77
    oppstipsresourcesposted 2 years ago

I have probably way too much on the go, LOL, and now have hosting accounts with Namecheap, Hostgator, and Hostmonster.  All 3 have served me well, but if I were to pick a favorite I would choose Hostgator.  Too bad you just missed the Black Friday specials (75% off at HG recently) but if you are budget conscious I recommended watching for the promos.  My unlimited HG account cost me about $75 for 3 years.  :-)

Sounds like you have a lot of sites Oppstipsresources. I don't know how people keep up with them. I'm only planning one - at least for the foreseeable future. Am very familiar with Hostgator, but will check out Hostmonster. Don't know how you got that price for Hostgator though. I went there and three years (Baby plan) was going to cost well over $300.

12. profile image0
    bobtyndallposted 2 years ago

I've been using Bluehost for a year with no issues.

Thanks Bobtyndall. I know a lot of people like Bluehost.

13. Anamika S profile image70
    Anamika Sposted 2 years ago

I have been using Insty Me. You get a self hosted mail auto responder, deskstop dashboard and a fast/reliable/secured web hosting. I use 3 other companies including blue host and hostgator, but I find insty me the best.

And thank you Anamika. I'll check out Insty Me as well. There are such a lot of companies aren't there?

14. oppstipsresources profile image77
    oppstipsresourcesposted 2 years ago

Heads up, I just received a notification that Hostgator is having a holiday "flash sale" for 75% off new hosting.  Here is the exact text.  Good luck, HTH.   :-)
    --------------
    Happy Holidays from HostGator! 'Tis the season to celebrate with 75% off new hosting! We will be running a flash sale tonight at 12am CST, and another one at 10am CST. Both flash sales will run for three hours. Here are the sale details:
    Tuesday, December 16th: 12am CST - 2:59am CST
    Tuesday, December 16th: 10am CST - 1pm CST
    The offer is only valid on new hosting packages, not applicable on renewals or existing hosting plans. Please see our Sale FAQ for more details.
    ---------------

15. profile image61
    karanpawarposted 6 weeks ago

Hi,

I would suggest you to have a look at this Company - Yocta

They provide affordable, secure and reliable Hosting Services for all your needs.

working